Moving to the country

smitty

Very Active Member
We currently live in town. My kids can ride their bikes to school which is 4 houses away. Plenty of friends in the neighborhood to play with. All within a couple minute bike ride. Park to play baseball, etc......

Problem is our house is getting too small and we'd like to build. But we aren't real excited about getting a small 1/3 acre lot in a subdivision. So we are looking at some land outside of town about 10 minutes. No subdivision. No school close by. No friends close by. But plenty of land to build a house and shop on. Maybe build a dirt track for the kids to ride bikes on. Garden, orchard, quiet, etc......Just wondering what others have experienced doing a move like this? Nothing is set in stone yet, but don't want to waste much time looking if it's not a wise move.

I did that very move when the kids were young. I wanted a play backyard where other kids would be envious to come to. That worked BUT, a time came when my kids complained they don't see their friends "AS OFTEN" and this made them upset. As a Father, I gave them the world but there will always be complaints. Later as they got into High School, BIG BBQ's made them happy again for the space. Other kids did not want to return to their Track homes. I felt good again.

Hey smitty!

Would ya like to go for a Ride......................!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

we moved to the country 16 years ago. As most here know Littlebuck had a life changing accident 7 years ago. At that time I wanted to move back to a town. She wouldn't have any of that. I have to admit driving to work for 1-1/2 hours a day and the grocery Store over 35 miles away can get costly and OLD. But for us it has been worth it. Today is her birthday and if weather permits we will pack a picnic supper and ride the tote gotes up the mountain for a while.... You folks can have the city

I just bought 3.5 acres outside of town, breaking ground in 6 weeks, can't wait and not regretting our decision at all!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom