Moving to Vancouver, WA

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
Hey all...

After spending most of my life in Central Utah, we are picking up and moving to Vancouver/Portland area next month.

After knowing all the spots for hunting and fishing and outdoor opportunities all my life, I am going to need some guidance in our new home.

Anyone that lives up this way, I would love some help in what is all up there and what I am getting myself into.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks...

We will be in Washington. We are leaving Sunday to go up house shopping. Most of the houses we like are in Vancouver, Camas, and Ridgefield. We like the Salmon Creek and Felida area of Vancouver. My office is in downtown Vancouver.

I am excited to explore new areas to hunt and fish......

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-15 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]Congrats on the move! Camas could be quite WINDY there along the Columbia River.
Just east of there on WA side of Columbia is a very large Nat. Forest.

A couple that use to belong to our car club moved up to Castle Rock north of there to a small farm. I recently heard that they are moving back here to CA.....don't know why though.

Oh yea, Wa is green so that tells you that it rains alot up there in that area.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Its beautiful in that area. My sister and her family lived in Salmon Creek for 5 years until they moved to Battle Ground two years ago. They are trying to get back into hunting as well, and have had a lot of help from a gun club up that way. I can't remember what its name is, but can find out if you would like.

I moved from Utah to the Oregon coast in November 2013. Had lived within about five miles of where I was born and raised my entire life until then. I've had fun here, but it's a different place, different climate, different culture. The weather has been fantastic so far and I'll take rain over three feet of snow and freezing azz cold!

I haven't killed anything here yet, but crabbing and fishing has been a blast.

Come on Buddy ... it isn't sold yet??? So we still have you for a little bit. When does the house close? We know we will still see you on the mountain a lot ! Your going to have to move into the cabin with no house in Richfield. Are you going up to the lake this weekend ?

Long Gosh-Damned ways for me to cut the Grass!

JUDAS!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

You will like fishing Buoy 10. It can be fantastic.
Sturgeon fishing is a blast as well. Also, the best eating smoked fish in my opinion.

Rain and more rain, Had a local tell it rains only during the Spring,Fall and Winter. So I asked him what do you do during the summer, He said I don't know I was drunk that day. J/K
Hope you like the area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks everyone. We are really excited about it. I know what we are getting into weather wise. I spend a lot of time workign up there, hence why we are finally moving up there. We are leaving Sunday to go find a house and will be up there two week.

Big JOhn....we are packing up the house Feb.22nd and we are out of here! Crazy huh.

House is now bought, and we will be moving in on March 3rd. We will be in Ridgefield area.

Looking forward to getting to know the fishing and hunting in WA State!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom