Mr. Cactus mouth down!

A

aablad

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 08:36?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 08:19?PM (MST)

Spotted a group of 10 mid-morning,and watched them eat cactus for about 30 min. Fascinating little creatures. After determining the biggest one, I squeezed off the first shot and click. I checked to see if I put a bullet in the chamber and there was one in there. I took it out, checked the primer and it was hit but I figured it was the Russian ammo ( bulk ) that was the problem. Threw another bullet in and the rest was history. Fun to hunt and the European mount turned out pretty good also.

90572011_javalina_007.jpg

Still needs to be bleached a little more but here is the euro.
2210javalina_euro_003.jpg

aablad....Nice job on the Jav!! Congratulations!, SIMMER that skull in a pot of water with two scoops of OXYCLEAN POWDER in the water for an hour or two and it should come out pretty white.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Now when you say bleach.....I sure hope you don't mean bleach......that it only eat your skull away. And buzztail is right, that thing needs some more simmering cause those spots are grease thats still in the bone. If you don't get it out it will turn a nasty yellow color over time. I also believe that there is an Oxiclean and a Oxyclean, one has bleach the other doesn't, not sure which is which. Just look closely at the ingredients before you put it in your water. A few good squirts of Dawn dish soap works well too.
jeff

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom