Mt. Emily Late Deer

mo

Does anyone have knowledge of this unit? I see where alot of this unit is private.Will I need private ground to get at the best bucks? Going over for scouting trip shortly,anyone know who local biologist or game warden is? It took 13 pf points so will be doing some leg work.

Congrats! This is a hunt that should NEVER be touted as a trophy hunt tho. After guiding a few hunters on this hunt, I personally would not wasted 4 points on this hunt. I lived in that unit all of November, and between myself and one of my guides....we saw maybe 2-3 bucks that would go 165-170. First year we got a nice buck, but it was the ONLY one we would consider a shooter. I would find access to some good private lands and try that.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I think this hunt needs to be shut down. But so does all of eastern Oregon for a cpl of years.....but just my .02

Thanks BMA for the over veiw of the unit.That's what I was looking for.Don't expect to much from Ore.after 50 yrs. of hunting here,but figured I better use points why I was still able.Good luck with you're hunts this year.

Back
Top Bottom