Mt Goat hunter dies

They said today he'd killed a mtn goat and was packin it out....slipped and fell. Sad deal.

awful ending to probably a great hunt.
After thinking about it, I'd rather go out this way than sitting in a nursing home for 20 years with my brain rotting away....

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

Those mountain goats will get you. I fell flat on my back off a good 20 foot cliff helping a buddy pack out his goat. thank heavens my pack was full of meat and it broke my fall. Walked away with a sore neck and a seriously bruised thigh. I'm pretty sure someone was there to take a punch out of my life card and send me on my way.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you
down to their level and beat you with experience."

I fell on a mountain goat hunt in Alaska. It was pretty scary. No major injuries. Broken and lacerated fingers, concussion, and a bunch of skin pealed off my head. Thank God I can't remember a lot of the fall. I have shot lions eye to eye. I have killed a dozen cape buffalo. I have stood next to elephants. I think mountain goat hunting is some of the most dangerous hunting on earth. I have killed one. I think I will just look at them through spotting scopes the rest of my life. I admire them and any man who tries to kill them.

For sure a wake up call for what's the most important thing on a hunt. Come back alive.

I'll be on the mountain chasing the white goats in a couple weeks and this will be on my mind while I'm out there. I'm not going to be solo and I have already been in contact with a mountaineering outfit that will help me out if the recovery is going to be too dicey.

Prayers go out to the guys family and friends.

I'm thankful my wife doesn't get on here and read some of these posts like this one. I head out soon on my mtn goat hunt and if she were to read this I'm sure she would freak out. I've seen goats in some pretty nasty stuff but, I'm going to try to be patient and get one that will be accessible/retrievable.

Smokepole

>That's sad, to young to die.
>Be carefull out there guys.
>

Yes, We should be careful out there.

Cheap hunting gear - HunterFields.com

I've never been seriously hurt while chasing critters over the years, but I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat dreaming of past stupid decisions and close calls. The ones where you can't go forward and you can't turn back are the worst:)

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom