Mt. Goat Outfitters?

P

Prism

Anyone have any recommendations for a great Mt. Goat outfitter in BC, Alberta, Yukon, or Alaska? Mainly looking to do a goat hunt with the option to take additional animals on a "trophy fee" basis. Looking down the road to 2011 or 2012.

Thanks for the ideas.

Bolen Lewis are top notch. I know at one point they had guided the muzzleloader and archery world records.

Scoop Lake Outfitters have tons and tons and tons of goats.

+1 for Bolen Lewis. Great guys and a great area, big goats. I have hunted bear with them and know of a couple guys who shot book goats with them. The February hunt might be the way to go?

I didn't hunt with them myself but I know a couple of guys that hunted with Sikanni River Adventures in BC and had very good hunts.

A lot of outfitters offer good goat hunts, it's a matter of getting decent weather and being able to climb. Of course some have bigger goats, it depends what you're looking for.

The first thing would be to decide which other animals you'd like to target. Northern BC offers great moose, mountain caribou, grizzly and elk in some places.

Southeastern BC offers mule deer, grizzly and elk, shiras moose too. All these can be done in a combo. SE BC is cheaper because you don't need a charter flight to get there.

Coastal Alaska might give you a Sitka Blacktail, black bear and goat combo.

These are the things I would consider, more than an extra inch of horns.

You could possibly purchase a conservation Goat tag here in Utah for around the same amount as a alaska or BC hunt and diy.
--------------------------------------

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

In my opinion it is more than worth it to go to BC or Alaska just for the experience of going. I have met a lot of great people that I now consider friends in BC, the Yukon and Alaska. DIY is great but if I am spending the same money I am going elsewhere with a guide and the opportunity to harvest more species.

Prism
Did you ever find a Goat Outfitter????
I have hunted with clients in several areas BC Alaska Yukon and NWT I would go to BC myself.
Alot depends on the size of Billy you are happy to harvest and what amount of money you want to spend...
My photo site is www.trophyhuntamerica.smugmug.com
If you have not booked yet and would like some good outfitters let me know and I will be glad to help.
Brent Sinclair
Porcupine Creek Outfitters
Trophy Hunt America

I'm still looking. Christensen Arms is booking one right now for $5500, which is about as cheap as I've found.

I went to the auction Friday to keep an eye on the beaver tag. $19,000! What the heck is up with that.

Auction tags are in most cases 50% or more tax deductable.
It the case of $19.000.00 for the hunt any $ over the average cost of a hunt ie: $7.000.00 is tax deductable, so in reality the guy is only paying $7.000 for the hunt.
One of my clients purchased an Auction Elk hunt for $45.000.00 and it was 100% deductable as a Goverors tag!!!
I know of a couple very good Goat hunts in BC for $6.500 -$7.000 whith exceptional trophy quality, I am planning to do a hunt myself next year as I want a good late season billy with good hair..
Here are a couple billies from those areas.
Brent

5968eduardos_goat.jpg

4892doug_prince_goat.jpg

Prism, there are several more goat tags going up for auction.
SFW has a lone peak, uintas northslope. look on thier website for dates.
Safari club has 2 willard peak tags a nanny and any goat. These may have already sold at sci in reno.
These tags will go much much cheaper. The beaver almost guarentees a book goat with no effort thats why they sold so high. I bought the one on fri for 19 for my hunter.
These tags are 50% tax deduct also!
--------------------------------------

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom