Mt lions on the Floridas??

1manshow

Was woundering if you guys think it would be worth it to buy a Mt Lion tag for when iam on my Ibex hunt?? . Iam thinking there is a good chance of coming across one, also do guys hunt the Floridas often with dogs when the ibex hunts are not going on??Thanks in advance..1Manshow

FYI... I will not have dogs for chasing lions

Check your proclamation. Mountain lion hunting is closed in the Floridas during any ibex hunt.

>Check your proclamation. Mountain lion
>hunting is closed in the
>Floridas during any ibex hunt.
>
I checked and it said if you have a tag for ibex and a lion tag its ok to harvest a lion. It did say no hunting with dogs while an ibex hunt is going on....unless i read wrong....i will call....

You are reading it correct. You can hunt lions if you have the right license, during YOUR ibex hunt. Guess you do know how to read. J/K

I'm looking at the proc. Under the ibex under "What you must know before you hunt " section it says "Cougar Hunting in Unit 25, Florida Mountains Hunt Area: Cougar hunting is closed in the Florida Mountains Hunt Area during any ibex hunt".

Under courgar under "What you must know before you hunt " section it says "Unit 25, Florida Mountains Hunt Area: Cougar hunting is closed in the Florida Mountains Hunt Area during any ibex hunt".

I don't know what you guys are reading, but it seems pretty plain to me. Please educate me if I am wrong.

1manshow,
I'm going to assume that you have the muzzloader hunt next month 2010-2011.

The 2010-2011 regulation page.46 states: "Cougar Hunting in Unit 25, Florida Mountains Hunt Area: Cougar hunting is closed in the Florida Mountains Hunt Area during any ibex hunt." Page 55
"Unit 25, Florida Mountains Hunt Area: Cougar hunting is closed in the Florida Mountains Hunt Area during any ibex season."

The 2011-2012 regulation states page 46 states: "Cougar Hunting in Unit 25, Florida Mountains Hunt Area: Cougar hunting is closed in the Florida Mountains Hunt Area during any ibex season, except by licensed ibex hunters who must adhere to the allowed sporting arm type and season dates specified on their ibex license."

See what license year your tag is valid for.

--Bill

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 09:46AM (MST)[p]Thanks for clearing that up Bill. I thought I was going crazy. I've been scouring the 2010 proc looking for what these guys were reading.
Guess I know how to read too. There's a good tip : don't read next year's proc for this year's hunt.

O man GREAT catch. I was looking ahead also. Guess I know how to read, but don't know how to look at numbers, which is scary since I am a math teacher. Better make sure what license year you have.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom