Mt. Nebo trail use

khertel35

Hey everyone,
I’ve been getting mixed info on the trail usage in the Mt. Nebo/Central Mtns. unit, specifically on the nebo loop. I see on the Spanish Fork Ranger site that there is a list of trail closures. Is this just for ATVs? I also thought that ATVs were not allowed in the northern portion of the unit? I have a spike tag and am looking for some areas to hike all day and get away from people so any helps greatly appreciated!

Check just beyond the Beaver Dam Overlook (when the road starts heading west). There's easy hiking on the north side of Nebo Loop around this area.... but get ready for crowds! You'd have better luck dropping off the south/east side around Gentle Band Ridge (horses welcomed!). Not much time between now and the hunt. I wouldn't advise going into this area un-scouted so get out over the next couple of weeks and good luck!

Nebo gets hit hard. I grew up at the base of that mountain and use to drive up to count cars on the loop on the opener. It is crazy how many people go up there. I have heard its worse now I haven't been up there for at least 10 years.

So I’ve heard! It just seems like the easiest location for me living in Santaquin. Im originally from Oregon and hunted all of my life there and haven’t had the chance to scout much in Utah yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom