MT unit 318 speedgoats???

madmoose

hello all! new to this site... already messed up.. my previous post about unit 321 in montana, please disregard. my intention was unit 318... looking for any opinions about it for hunting pronghorns. not after a booner or anything, my wife and i just want a fun time and possibly harvest an animal that would be respectable for the area. we are not particular on this unit but we live in north idaho and its within reason to go scout as often as we can. but open to other ideas? thanks for any or all help.

318 is the closet to you and everyone else in Western Montana. Missoula, the Bitterroot Valley, Butte ect. If I was going to drive this far from North Idaho I'd really look at the Great Falls area, or go farther than 318 in SW Montana. 318 has lots of private lands some are in Block Management. It's just not my first choice. Go East Young Man! Even in your own state south of Monida Pass would be good and lots of public lands. By the way hello to all too this is my first post.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

If you just want a respectable animal. Don't worry so much about scouting. Just get the block management books and head to eastern Montana for a few days. You'll do fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom