MT Whitetail or Other Thanksgiving Week Public Hunt Options?

elks96

Long Time Member
So when my son was 10 and 11 we used the MT General Deer Tags to hunt through the mentor program. It is a great system for the youth. I know that MT is horrible deer hunting. In fact 15 years ago I thought MT deer hunting was bad and only going to get worse. When I called it how I saw it I was about run out of the MT forum... Regardless my son and I had 2 incredible and fun hunts in SE MT. Hunts that went really really well.

This last week my son asked why we don't take Grandpa up and hunt with him for the week of Thanksgiving. So that got my wheels turning. He love SE MT and for good reason, it was where he first got to pack a rifle, the first big game animal, and the first time he was able to hunt for White tails...

But reading the MT forum has it really gotten that much worse than say in 2019 and 2020? Or is it about the same?

What other options would there be for a public land White tail hunt (no interest in mule deer as we have hunted mule deer all our lives) that would run the week of thanksgiving?

Will 1.jpg

Will 2.jpg

Me 1.jpg

It has gotten that much worse regions 6 and 7 are over ran with more people and way less deer his experience won’t be the same as it was when he first went

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom