Mtn Goats on the La Sals, your thoughts?

tallbuck1

Just wondering if you guys listened or were in attendance to the Wildlife Board yesterday, and what your thoughts are as to having goats on the La Sals?

Also, any thoughts to any of the comments that were made during the 3 1/2 hours of discussion on the topic?

Tallbuck1

I like the idea.
There's enough science-based info out there which supports them being there.
As far as I know, there's no evidence that mtn goats were ever there but mountain sheep were.
Our mountain sheep don't seen to be able to adapt and expand like the goats have. I wish we could have more sheep but the outlook isn't all that great.
OIL hunting opportunity will increase with the expansion of goats. That's a good thing.
Zeke

+1, just look at how little time it took the Willard Peak herd to expand. Another area will improve our drawing odds not to mention the experience of seeing them on another range in the wild.

Great opportunity for more OIL tags. They seem to do very well on the mountain ranges in this state. I have yet to hear any Cons on why this wouldn't be a good move for the mountain range and all involved.

I wish bighorn sheep were as hardy as the mountain goat. We sure need more bighorn tags.

The Cons are:

I see more Damn Goats while hunting Mulies than I do Deer!:D:D:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

>The Cons are:
>
>I see more Damn Goats while
>hunting Mulies than I do
>Deer!:D:D:D

Bess, You're hunting too damn high! LOL
Zeke

I might be too damn High!

But I'm out of the Crowd for the most part!

I'm not Huntin in the PISSCUTTER Patch!:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom