mto50

Deerlove

Long Time Member
I thought I'd post my review of the bib pants.
Pros-quiet and soft I like the bib because it's hard to get rain snow down you back. Kepted water and snow out. liked the two way zipper on the crouch. Straps are comfortable.

Cons- why do companies think we need snaps, cuffs, and zippers down on the pant leg? When you get into snow it's just more places for it to go? Have you seen the snowball effect? I can take my boots off if I want to take off my pants.
-Why dont they make thigh zippers for ventalation?
_why dont they have belt loops for a knife or range finders?
Your lower back will get sweaty if your working hard and your wearing a backpack.
One last request is a cargo type pocket on each leg.
Will some one one please make this for me. Deerlove

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're probably in the vast minority on having zippers down the leg. It's awfully nice to be able to slip them on over your boots quickly in a treestand or anywhere else in the field for that matter

I like the bibs because there is nothing at the waist to interfere with my backpack belt and bibs tend to vent a little better if the waist is loose.

Also, I agree with you on adding BDU style cargo pockets on the thigh. I have been ragging Cabelas on this and a few other things for some time with no luck...yet.

Send them a note.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Ok Hardcore, how about a half bib? High enough that water or snow dont go down your back when you bend over, but not so high that my back is on fire because of my back pack?

Carhartt makes a great half bib with suspenders in their waterproof/breathable line but it is not as quiet as MTO50. Overalls are black only but the jackets come in black, evergreen and Carhartt brown. Sorry, no camo yet.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Core while your at it (building my perfect hunting pant) put in a neoprene crouch. Something that will stretch. I have a sewing friend that puts them in, works wonders. Russ

Neoprene?! That sounds very sweaty to me. I would like to see/test something like that. Speaking of Neoprene, have you looked at Rivers West for pants/bibs. High quality, quiet, bulletproof, stretchy, camo, but they don't breathe. At all.

Why not just a fully gussetted diamond crotch like you see in climbing style pants. Rail Riders, 5.11, Propper, Gramecci, etc, etc.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

just a inch or so of neoprene worked great. No sweat etc. I'm sure other stretchy materials would work. Russ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom