Muddys desert bighorn

6chukar

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-13 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p] Just got back from the Muddy Mountains in Nevada. My friend Bryan Schuster shot this ram opening day but don't let that fool you it wasn't that easy. We found him two days before the season and knew we couldn't go wrong with a ram that carries his mass that far. It was an awesome hunt and we had a great crew. This ram ended up going 169 3/8 net and Bryan couldn't be happier.
4280image.jpg

6031image.jpg

1137image.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-13 AT 06:10PM (MST)[p]Heavy and old...now that's a ram to be proud of.
Very tough unit to draw but obviously holds some dandy rams
Great job and kudos to all.

What a complete STUD!!!! Congrats to the hunter and thank you for sharing! Would you be willing to share more details, like how many other rams did you see and of course the stalk!

Tallbuck1

P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
That's a picture perfect desert ram. Everyone involved in the hunt should be proud!
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Zeke

>What a complete STUD!!!! Congrats
>to the hunter and thank
>you for sharing! Would
>you be willing to share
>more details, like how many
>other rams did you see
>and of course the stalk!
>
>
>
>
>Tallbuck1

I myself never put in for this area before due to the fact there is a lot of tags but having spent some time there now you can't go wrong. We saw 20 to 30 rams a day scouting and if your willing to put in a little leg work very few people if any. There were a lot of mature rams and this one was running with four other big ones. Out of our group of six only one had been on a desert hunt before so it was a little difficult to be real accurate on score but like I said in the original post we knew we couldn't go wrong with the mass on this one. We guessed he would be around 171-172 but his bases were only 14-2/8 which hurt a little. His 11 inch third quarter made up for it. When.i get my desert tag I couldn't hope for any more. Hopefully that's next year!

Wow awesome ram.
I'm hunting the Muddy's this year too, there have been some awesome rams harvested. The Ridge Reaper ram and that circus surrounding it on opening morning, another 171+ ram in the rain this past weekend and now the Schuster ram. This unit is fantastic. We have seen lots of rams each day. I have chambered a round on two rams but then backed off, still shopping for a spectacular ram. It was very hard to back off on opening day with 16 rams below us at just under 200 yards. That much horn can make a guy weak in the knees. I don't want it all to end, will head back out tomorrow. Needed to get into the office for 2 days, but have spent 47 days in the field scouting and hunted 4 full days so far. Will post pictures when the final chapter ends on this wonderful hunting journey.

Wow bpat!
Will power indeed, but I like your moxy! You're toting a "once in several lifetimes tag" and you obviously know it's worth.
I'd milk this adventure dry finding something special and I'm confident you will.
Best of luck and please keep us ovis junkies posted!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom