Muely or Coues

Right now all I need to finish my deer slam is a coues. Other thatn that, mulie all the way!
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

Just like OSOK said "is this a serious question?"

Of course we'd take the 100" Couesy he he :)

O.K Buttlicks let me have it.

ouch ouch OUCH

ouch

:)

100 inches? "Is that considered a decent one. Damn, you guys need to hunt real whiteys if you think that's big.
I think I'd pass on them both. Go big or go home!!!! No sense killing an average muley and no sense killing a dink deer.

o.k. I will take this one, I would take the coues........a 100" coues is more like a 185" muley.......and like crazy just said lets wait for the slammin........LOL....... Allen Taylor......

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-03 AT 04:06PM (MST)[p]You guys act like 100" coues grow on trees. I'd like a big muley too but lets consider what is more rare and what is more of a trophy respective to each specie. I think Bura got my question.

HERE WE GO AGAIN

THERE ARE OR AT LEAST USED TO BE 40" MULEYS,TO GET 40" OUT OF A COUES YOU'D HAVE TO MULTIPLY WIDTH X HEIGHTH X NUMBER OF POINT'S!!!

I'LL TAKE A 40" MULEY ANYDAY OVER A 40" COUES!!!

THIS TOPIC KEEPS COMING UP,HASN'T IT ALREADY BEEN SETTLED???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING:DON'T LET YOUR COUES OOZE!!!

u seriously need to think about what you just said, a coues deer that that is 40" wide would more than likely be the world record if he was a 3 point with long poins and maine beams. i would take the 100 coues for sure, hell, id like to just see one
casey

Are you serious? You can draw a coues tag for areas in AZ way easier than you can draw an area that you actually have a chance for a good Muley! Heck ask Josh, he kills coues like they're goin out of style!!ie; his last post in coues deer!But if all you coues deer hunters think your bad, my old man shot one with a 54 caliber muzzy in 6A general hunt back when that area kicked ass and muzzleloaders were really muzzeleloaders! It was a 4x5 to bad it was broken up it would of easily scored 115!!

Since ive never come close to taking a muley that big, I'd have to opt for the muley!! But I sure am taking an interest in those little coues deer!!

firstcoues

EVERYBODY KNOWS WHEN A 40" MULEY IS MENTIONED WE ARE TALKING ONLY THE SPREAD!!!

AND LIKEWISE,WHEN A 40" COUES IS MENTIONED WE ARE TALKING THAT BIG BAD GOSS SCORE!!!

DON'T GET PI$$ED UNTIL YOU'VE ACTUALLY HUNTED A 40" MULEY,HE WILL KICK YOUR A$$ HARDER THAN ANY COUES!!!

I AIN'T GOT NOTHING AGAINST A COUES,I JUST WISHED I'D OF KNOWN THE ONE I SHOT WAS A BIG ONE AT THE TIME!!!

HELL,MAYBE THATS PART OF THE PROBLEM HERE,MAYBE THEM BIG COUES DEER ARE SNEAKING UP HERE AND CROSS BREEDING WITH THE MULE DEER,MAYBE THATS WHERE SOME OF THESE UTAH TROPHY'S ARE COMING FROM,YOU KNOW WHICH ONES I'M TALKING ABOUT,IF THEY LIVE TO AGE 6 THEY MIGHT GO 125 LBS AND A WHOPPING 20" SPREAD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WANTING TO SEE WHAT YOU CONSIDER TO BE A NICE COUES 'RACK'!!!

Well bless my soul!!!:) Looks like us Spider monkey deer lovers are coming out of the wood work. he he

Seriously I would probably go with a 180" muley for the simple fact that where I live a 180" muley is harder to find than a 100" Couesy.

I love to hunt them both. I would take a 100 inch coues over a 180 muley but lets get serious the I would not pass up the muley if the chance came by.

Can't we have a more realistic comparison. How about........... What would you rather kill a 100" dink-dog-deer or a jackalope?

I want a jackalope, a real one though one with antelope horns, not one of those fake ones with cheap deer horns!

I'LL TAKE THE LITTLE SKITTISH COUES ANY DAY. THATS ABOUT ALL THE DEER THIS LITTLE FELLA CAN HANDLE!!!

THOSE BIG MULIES WILL FLAT KICK A BOBCATS A$$!!!!

THE ONLY bobcat TO MESS HIS PANTS WHEN HE SEES A BIG MULEY!!!

Are we talking packing out from 5 miles in, Then a will take the Coues too, nice light pack, now if we are only 4 miles back in it would have to be the big deer 180"+ Muley. LOL

You first have to decide whether wear out the soles of your boots or the seat of your pants. Those damn coues deer are hard to find. A big muley is a hell of a lot easier to see. I'll take the coues I need one for the wall. Already have my mule deer. Happy New Year fellas.

Question.

What do you get when you cross a midget with a hooker ????

Answer.

A little fugger about 3 feet tall. ;-)

O.K. the original question
The first midget deer I shot measured 206 inches, unfortunatly it was two of them, true story.
I'd answer Coues to the above question if I wasn't scared of the wrath which Buckspy would rain down on me.

Muley. Man, I wished a 170 class muley was a dime a dozen where I live!

BobCatBess, again stop w/ the ALL CAPS! And what's up with all the 40" muley talk? Sounds like a youngster who heard his brother mention something about a 40" muley buck then going and talking to his friends about something he doesn't know anything about. Just my .02!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

micheal

THE GOVERNORS TAG HOLDER JUST TOOK A 37"ER,THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

IN COMPARRISON,HOW BIG WOULD A COUES HAVE TO BE TO COMPARE???

REMEMBER,THIS AIN'T THE WANNA BE AT POST 22!!!

YOU MAY NOT THINK THERE ARE ANY 40"ER'S LEFT,THINK AGAIN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat STARING AT NICE 'RACKS'!!!

OSOK and BCBOY hit this one on the head. I don't care about the coues and would pass on the muley.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom