Mule Deer Bed or ???

B

Berthold

I was out scouting in 43b and cam across this sign in the middle of the road at the crest of a hill. Is it a deer bed? Do they scratch out a dirt bed like this? A scrape?

Mule deer are new to me.

deerbed.jpg

The area

deerbed2.jpg

Berthold it looks like someone had a flat tire and had to lay down on the road to get his spare down. The little round balls look like chocolate cover raisins that might have came out of his hmmm....... quest

That is a bighorn sheep bed.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

I'm serious, that is a sheep bed. Sheep don't know they're bedding down on a road in the middle of a saddle in a area where maybe six vehicles a year might travel. In case any body is wondering how I know that is a sheep bed ask me. Its obvious Ray Charles could tell that's a sheep bed.

I'm sure glad somebody ask....Sheep sh!t where they sleep. Almost all sheep beds have droppings in them. Also where the pic was taken in that region it is very unlikely you'll find very many deer. The deer tend to be out in the flats in the washes. Very seldom will you find deer in the canyons in the particular area that was mentioned.

Mesquitehunter;

That's new info to me and was great to learn.

The MM forum is always good, as a way learn from others.

You and your brother are " Famous " for your knowledge of sheep and of course desert Mule Deer.

Good luck to you guys and all your hunters.

Can't wait to see your pictures !!!

Steve Cheuvront

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-10 AT 07:59AM (MST)[p]I don't know about the famous part. I wish I had money like a famous person.

It's obvious Berthold is new to hunting for deer in the desert and is trying to educate him self. He had a question and I answered it to the best of my knowledge. I don't think some people on here answered his question seriously.

Heck, if I moved to let's say Oregon and wanted to start hunting Roosevelt elk and Blacktail deer I would have alot of questions that may seem like stupid questions to the residents.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom