Mule Deer Counties

Hiker of the Woods

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-19 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]What counties in ID would everyone consider to produce the worst/smallest antler size even for older age class bucks?

>That awkward moment you get your
>states confused.....

Fixed it. I'm asking the question for all western mule deer states. Have a project I'm working on. Thanks

After looking over B&C and P&Y record books it looks like "Lewis" and "Boundary" counties are the worst for antler size.

Lewis county only has one buck that scored 182 inches.

Boundary county only had two bucks that both scored 191 inches.

Would everyone agree with these two counties or do you have other record books that show something different?

What are you fishing for??? Do some research on Idaho F&G web site books on Idaho deer hunting and you'll find your answer. However I am wondering which state you are from and what info you are really looking for? Go shoot a spike if you want small antlers.

Thank you for the tip to look at ID F&G record book online. I was unaware of it. The project is covering the entire country for blacktail, mule, and whitetail deer. I already have all the other information that I need after this and then can run the analysis for the project. This doesn't have anything to do with me hunting or wanting to shoot small antlered game.

>What are you fishing for??? Do
>some research on Idaho F&G
>web site books on Idaho
>deer hunting and you'll find
>your answer. However I am
>wondering which state you are
>from and what info you
>are really looking for? Go
>shoot a spike if you
>want small antlers.

Not going to answer your question, "what counties produce the smallest horns" in a record book. Those, are the biggest horns.

Boundary county has one of the smallest listings because it likely has one of the smallest populations, not necessarily due to genetics.

Unless your question is not being understood, you would need a bio to get you an answer, if anyone is really able to provide one.

>Not going to answer your question,
>"what counties produce the smallest
>horns" in a record book.
> Those, are the biggest
>horns.
>
>Boundary county has one of the
>smallest listings because it likely
>has one of the smallest
>populations, not necessarily due to
>genetics.
>
>Unless your question is not being
>understood, you would need a
>bio to get you an
>answer, if anyone is really
>able to provide one.

Some counties may never have produced a record book animal either, it seems like just going off of record books is not going to give him the answers he is looking for. I don't think there is a single B&C or P&Y buck entered from canyon county for example but there are still some big bucks growing out on the farms near the Snake and Boise rivers

Relax guys. He's just looking for solid first hand information. I gotcha bud! ? I don't believe that the Henry mountains or the Strip region to the south have ever produced a record class buck in Idaho.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom