Mule Deer Decline Canada

bucks

Im just wondering with the decline of mule deer here in the states,What is going on in Canada.Are their mule deer population on the decline also??

I was up in northern Alberta the last week of November. Saw quite a few mule deer overall. Older age class was down from previous years.

Hunted 14 days in central Alberta. 3rd year in a row. Mule deer and whitetail buck tag. They need to do away with mule deer doe tags. Stupidest thing ever. Between poaching and guys shooting doe, i cant imagine the population and trophy potential will ever be close to what it could be.

CWD management in Alberta along with some harder winters has put AB mulies in central and southern AB in some of the lowest numbers I’ve ever seen.

There are still giants around, but overall I’d say it’s harder to find good mature bucks in larger quantities, though some truly magnificent bucks still roaming around

Sounds like Alberta’s cwd culling program existed even though it was a known fact that culling did nothing in Colo and elsewhere. What a shame!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom