mule deer hunting region w scond choice

huntermick

Have max. points putting in for unit 102 If no luck second choice 82--100--131-- Has anyone hunted these units in 2009.Is it better to hunt first or second week, Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

Wasting your time putting in for those units 2nd choice.Wy goes through everyone's 1st choice before they go to anyone's 2nd choice.Those tags will all be gone after first choice.

Thanks for the information YOU are right i call fish and game. I hope we get 102.What do you think is better the first week or the second for unit 102,Thanks again

I've always said the best time to go hunting is whenever you can!If you hunt hard enough,don't really matter,but the last week would probably be the best.

I waited until the last week to hunt one year (in a different unit) and got snowed out by a blizzard. But, the last week is usually best if you can get in.
-- Bob

you should be able to draw W as second choice

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

JB is correct. If you put W down as your 2nd choice most likely you will get a tag. So you will be able to hunt 131 100 and even 82 (gen. hunt, it becomes draw on Oct 15th).

Better start planning! Lots of people in 131!!!!! same with 100 these days and not a lot of deer!

Not sure on this but in Wyo. cant you put Unit 102 as first choice and region W as sencond and if you dont get a unit 102 tag but get your region W tag you still get a prefrence point ?

You would receive a PP if you do not draw your fist choice hunt. You would need to include the 40.00 PP fee with your application, or pay 50.00 after the drawing to buy the point. Good luck on drawing your first choice.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom