Mule deer or WT

J

Jackjr

Which would you say would be better to hunt Mule deer or white tail deer in Idaho. I guess what I am saying is do you think one of the two offers better hunting.

For me, being in utah, and not having whitey to hunt here, i would choose the whitetail hunt.

I dont think that either species offers a better hunt. The hunts would be different, but not better than the other especially if given the opportunity to hunt either one in Nov.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

Depends on if you like to eat your deer. The Whitetails are rumored to taste much better. I say rumored because I don't think a mature Whitetail looks near as nice as a mature Muley and I like jerkey/pepperoni anyway.

Since we're talking a general hunt here, I'd give the nod to whiteys in a big way. Hunt with a rifle during the rut, short range hunts go way into december in many areas. Lots of deer, bucks respond regularly to grunting and rattling. A very realistic chance at a good buck, lots of national forest land.
To duplicate this hunt for muleys would require a very low percentage controlled hunt. general hunts for muleys in Idaho can be good, but typically require a lot of effort. Especially if you want a better than average type buck. Likely it'll take years to figure it out.....

I was leaning toward Whitetails because I have not hunted them before. I would like to hunt where I had a chance at a decent buck. Since I have not hunted for whitetails before I would not be real pickey. Would like to go somewhere that I could see a decent amount of deer and have a good chance at harvesting one. Any Ideas would be great.

Thanks Jack

>I was leaning toward Whitetails because
>I have not hunted them
>before. I would like
>to hunt where I had
>a chance at a decent
>buck. Since I have
>not hunted for whitetails before
>I would not be real
>pickey. Would like to
>go somewhere that I could
>see a decent amount of
>deer and have a good
>chance at harvesting one.
>Any Ideas would be great.
>
>
>
>Thanks Jack

Anywhere north of Riggins should meet your requirements.....If you could gain access to some private stuff, all the better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom