Mule Deer Unit 11

DUKFVR

Wondering what the deer hunting is like here. Friends said it would be a good unit to start out in so I could build some points up. I have no points & they have said they always hunt here when building points. Is it worth the effort? Not looking for a big trophy end deer ,just geting out & enjoying the country with a decent chance of getting a buck.
THANKS!

Unit 11 and 211 hold a large deer population and taking a buck should not be very difficult.Most of the bucks taken are 1 1/2 year old deer. Spikes and small fork horns makes up 90 % of the buck population.There is nicer bucks take every year but they are scarce.I have hunted Duffy Mountain area and saw 50 to 100 deer per day.A nice pleasant hunt ,and I have took a couple nice 3X3's but you will have to pass on several small bucks.

I agree with Rem308. As for point building, it isn't guaranteed as a second choice anymore--for residents or nonresidents. After the winter kill, the DOW cut way back. You used to be able to buy a leftover.

I am not deer hunting Colorado this yar ,but I am interested to see how many apply nd how may licenses are issued.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom