Muley Crazy mag.??

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
I have seen lots of ads here for this magazine, and just wondered if it is any good. I love Trophy Hunter, but most other mule deer magazines that I have read have been pretty poorly put together. That one by Kings Outdoor World was pretty booring with all the computer generated pictures and second hand stories. Utah Hunter had such horrible editing, the spelling and grammer problems just made it too hard to read. It was more like a family newsletter anyway. I don't mean to rip on anyone, I just enjoy a well laid out publication with exciting stories and helpfull insights. If this new magazine can stand shoulder to shoulder with Trophy Hunter and the like, sign me up!!

Muley Crazy magazine is one of the few things I look forward to recieving in the mail.
Makes my day when one arrives.
Simply one of the best in my opinion.
Jerry

OSOK,
I think it is a little more hard core than "Playboy". Probably more like "Penthouse." LMAO!
Muley Crazy is the best mag on the market without a doubt!

You might consider Big Buck magazine. It's the same caliber as Muley Crazy and Trophy Hunter. It features both mule deer and whitetails mostly from the Canadian Proviences. The mag highlights a lot of monster sheds. Rick

Rick,
I love Big Buck. It does have a little too many whiteys though. LOL! I read all the mule deer articles first. Used to be my favorite until Muley Crazy came along.

I concur, but my God, so many droptine whities! I also read the mule deer articles first and really enjoy reading Jim Shockeys articles. My top 5 mags:

1. Muley Crazy
2. Trophy Hunter
3. Big Buck
4. Hunting Illustrated
5. North American Hunter or Bugle or Fair Chase or Eastmans

YollaBolly,

Like your choices but I would put my 5th as GrandSlam/Ovis magazine there then the ones you mentioned as a 6th.

Brian

I agree MuleyCrazy has gone to the top of the class with Big Buck slightly behind. In my view Eastmans (too much pushing of Eastman stories now) and Trophy Hunter (too much emphasis on score only) have dropped from once they once were. Hopefully the success won't do the same to Muley Crazy, for mule deer addicts its the best fix during the offseason.

Hunting Illustrated is about the most worthless hunting mag out there IMO... Rack it up w/ Outdoor Life...

The rest mentioned, I agree w/ everybodies thoughts.. BB, definitely has too many whities. Still a cool mag though.

Hey OSOK- Its not too many whitetails. The problem with BIG BUCK magazine is that its full of freakin' Canucks. Nothing better than a picture of a fat guy in a pumpkin suit with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth stradling some hog he just whacked in some Frenchies pasture. LOL. Settle down BCBOY. Just joshin' ya!

The only reason we haven't taken over Canada yet is WE DON'T HAVE TO! They want to be like us too damn much. Living in Canada is like living in an apartment upstairs from a really cool party, but you just sit there by yourself and listen.

Said to the queen of england by Homer simpson
"I know that America isn't the perfect child. We don't visit much, or write as often as we should, and we aren't as well behaved as our goody two-shoes big brother Canada. Who, by the way, has never had a girlfriend. I'm just saying...."

I don't know, some of BCboy's posts have me thinking that I could be pretty dern happy up north. Heck, my grandma is pure canadian. Tell ya what, if hillary clinton ever ends up in the white house, I'll be up there faster than Michael Jackson went to Wal-mart when he heard there was a sale "boy's pants half off"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-03 AT 03:19PM (MST)[p]BS,

That's only about the 5th time today, you've busted my chit up...LMAO

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-03 AT 08:14PM (MST)[p]BS,
That's just too damn funny. LMAO! The one thing us Canucks are famous for is laughing at ourselves.

BTW,
The party would be a Hell Of A Lot better if you were drinking Canadian Beer!

Well next time I head up North. We will have to crack open a 12er of Kokanee eh? Talk about snowblower performance, ice fishing, different brands of wool shirts, and how those dog crap eating French Canadians from the East keep telling you Westerners how it is supposed to be.

I have to say Muley Crazy is an awesome magazine, Ryan has done an amazing job of putting it together!

Tara

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom