Muley/Whitetail Hybrid??

S

smoke616

This is similar to the other post here regarding the Muley shed. Does anyone have any pictures of bucks that could possibly be muley/whitetail hybrid. A guy I once talked to said he harvested a buck that had a whitetail antler on one side and a muley antler on the other. He said that if they were singles you wouldn't ever guess they were on the same buck. I never saw it so I don't know what to think. Then, the other day another buddy of mine said he talked to someone (not the same guy I did) that said he had seen a buck with these same characteristics. Do whitetail and mule deer cross breed where they live close together. I live in SW NM and we have a lot of mule deer and Coues Deer mixed together in a lot of places. I suppose it could happen. Any info and especially pics would help. Thanks. Jeff

A college web site that has to do with animals said that mule deer and whitetails will interbreed with each other if the opportunity presents itself in the right situations. Whatever the hell that means! Muledeernut

i shot my muledeer/coues hybrid few years ago its 8 pointer and the buck was with 7 coues but the buck was muley...when i checked the tail..its wide...almost full of black tip with brown color so its possible....i ll try to post and see what u think...

shot near skelton canyon...

vinihunt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom