Muscle cars of our past.

TheKnack

Very Active Member
Anyone else wish they still had some of the old gas guzzler chick magnets from your past?
This is one of my many cars I wish I would have held onto.
1972 Dodge Charger with a 1968 era 440 Magnum engine. Talk about the memories....
Lets see some of your old pics or even ones that you still have.
Best,
Jerry
41d9c7302ed92711.jpg

Jerry
My dad restores Buick GS Stage 1's. He has 2 in the garage right now, one is ready for paint. The other is scattered all over the floor. Both are 71's, I beleive the last year of the 455 engine. I'll get pics soon.
BB

nice car jerry, i bet that thing would move pretty good.

neither of these are mine, but as soon as i win the lottery they'll both be in my garage.

1970 dodge challenger t/a
ta_ek2_v1x_04.jpg

1968 chevy nova ss
68dickharrell.jpg

Krusty.jpg

Nice looking car Jerry.
Here is my '65 Impala SuperSport. 350 engine built to the hilt, Edelbrock hi rise manifold and matching 600 Holly carbs. Crushed velvet purple interior and everthing chromed. Many a young girl lost their innocence there. Ahhh the memories....
Pimpmobile.jpg

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

SWEEEEET. Keep them coming.
Other views of the Charger and a few other cars I had.
41d9ebe87d3ac5c0.jpg

The view most saw of it.LOL
41d9ec227d983d51.jpg

1972 Cutlass Supreme with another 1968 era engine a 455 442 engine I swapped into it.
41d9ec9e7ea69d15.jpg

1984 Camaro with a small block 327 made a great high speed ride to the dove fields as well.LOL
41d9ed167f88ab14.jpg

Let's see some more guy's.
BTW-Jeff that car looks like it could eat up some tire and other cars that tried to race you:)
Best,
Jerry

And what better drag to cruise than than Main Street in Longmont. I came down from the Fort more than a couple of times to cruise it. I had a 67 Mustang 287, the first day I had it I dumped the clutch out on county road 13 to see how much rubber it would burn. Bangity bang ity bang, what the hell was that noise? Also the first U joints I ever changed.

BeanMan

This is not my car. Neither the pictures nor the car I had survived.

My 65 GTO was yellow with black vinyl top. 389 tri-power, 4 speed. Installed a record player in it. Played 45's. (yes this was before 8-track or right about that time.)

Never lost a street race....until I met a 67 SS 396 Camero.

Gas was .35 a gallon

What memories......
41da11fb4f988165.jpg

>This is not my car. Neither
>the pictures nor the car
>I had survived.
>
>My 65 GTO was yellow with
>black vinyl top. 389 tri-power,
>4 speed. Installed a record
>player in it. Played 45's.
>(yes this was before 8-track
>or right about that time.)
>
>
>Never lost a street race....until I
>met a 67 SS 396
>Camero.
>
>Gas was .35 a gallon
>
>What memories......
41da11fb4f988165.jpg

careful, you're gonna give away your age, and my lack of it. how did you play a 45 in a car? wouldn't it skip whenever you'd hit a bump?

Krusty.jpg

When my wife and I first married, we bought a 1969 Ford Mach 1 with a 390 CI and the Calif. special rally package. Candy apple red with black hood. That baby had a few things done to the engine and ate Chevys for breakfast and Dodges for dinner. I wished I still had it. Two years ago we bought a 1968 mustang, year we started dating, and it has been restored. It only has the small block 302, but it has more horses then it does cubic inches. I would post, but I can not get my photos down to the size that this forum will accept.

RELH

P.S. Don't crush them, restore them.

264Mag,

funny you should mention that! LOL It had some kind of balancing thing in it that helped somewhat.It was made for a car. Everytime my girlfriend put on a record I didn't like I would always punch the gas and knock the needle around. I got socked alot! My girlfriend back then is my wife today. Been married 36 years. She is laughing as I'm typing this! I guess I am giving away my age......

Steve

RELH,

I remember those Mach 1's. With the 390 that thing must have been a screamer. Most of the ones I remember had 351's in them. They LOOKED mean!

BeanMan
Yeah Longmont was the happening place back in the day. It even got featured in a few national hot rodding magazines. People would trailer their cars in from other states just to get in on the action. The place is a skeleton of itself now.

Great looking cars guys!

Jerry,

Cool looking Charger. I had a candy apple red charger, but alas my brother wrecked it about 1980. Not even a good picture left. The girls sure did like it!!!!

Phantom Hunter

OSOK's car.... scary to listen to, scarier to ride in.
PA210015.jpg

PA210014.jpg

PA210005.jpg

PA210003.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-05 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]The evolution of the Street car.

This one pretty much sums it up to where things are w/ these money pit's up to date... Longmont was a real hot bed for action between 98 and 01. As Jeff said, cars would be trailered in from distant places as far as several hundred miles in one direction, just for the hope of seeing action on cop infested mid night back road runs. I grew up in the scene, pretty much since I was a little kid I remember watching these late night battles. I knew someday, I wanted to be one of them. With the help of great friends and with a passion to live a small boys dream, I can honestly say I'm so glad that I was able to live these memories, and achieve things that I never even dreamed would happen as that small boy... Those days are in the past. The "real hard core" Street Racers are now just a memory of a hey day in our past. This street monster will more than likely never "tempt" fate again at this game. It was already to the point of being "Damn" dangerous in those years, and the cars only continue to get faster each year...

The closest to a Muscle Car I had was a 1970 Pontiac Firebird w/ American Mags otherwise, stock.
The "Muscle Car" for me now is this one that I have now and it only gets driven during the summer months.

41db147d6057d452.jpg

Kilowatt;

That rodster is one fine looking beauty, Have you got the wife trained to wash and wax it yet. So far my wife still enjoys helping me with the mustang, and she enjoys the car shows.

RELH

Wow! Great cars guys.
Trent- Do you still own that car? Really nice!

Heck I remember the days when Longmont and West Colfax was the place to be. Actually saw more action on West Colfax but when they started blocking off the streets everyone went over to Longmont to cruise and find a race.
Now the only thing anyone cruising colfax is looking for I cannot repeat.LOL

I also used to head over to Bandimere on Wednesday test and tune nights to race in the 1/4 mile.
Dang Charger blew about 3 ujoints and yokes before I had to go get the Dana rear end. Sucked because it added about 100 pounds to an already heavy car.
Still the noise coming out of a 440 Magnum running off the headers scared off most would be street challengers when I dropped them with the old link kit.LOL
I only lost one street race to a yellow hotrod with Circus/Circus spelled out on its side. All I heard before the light changed was a "click"WRRRRRRRR and he was GONE!

Here's a pic of a couple friends who "seriously" raced at Bandimere and still do. Russ is in the rail and Jeff in the alterd.
Today everyone runs the stupid rice burners with chips to change instead of engine parts. If I ever do it again I am going old school:)
Best,
Jerry
41db2ddb19b1e7c5.jpg

Beautiful cars guys! Do you ever show you car Brian?

OSOK is right though. The good old days are gone forever. Both the good parts and the bad. The guy who bought my goat wrapped it around a tree and was killed only about 2 months after I sold it to him. There was a reason insurance rates sky rocketed back then. Those old muscle cars brought a lot of fun but they brought a lot of heartbreak sometimes also.

Didn't mean to put a damper on the post. Just brings back memories.

Let's hear some more stories and see some more pics!

Steve

RELH,
No the wife won't help keep it clean. NO WATER gets on this car it is kept clean with Meguiar's Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax 26, Meguira's Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe and for chrome MOther's Chrome Polish. Also a California Duster in between.

Eelgrass,
I drive it around here and go to the car shows during the summer around here as well. This year will be having my 45th Class Reunion and plan to drive it there along with a friend from Albuquerque who is driving his 1932 Ford 5-window coupe with a 392 HEMI motor. He drove it out here 5 years ago for the 40th and had a blast. He is building another '32 but a Hi-Boy Roadster with a 392 HEMI w/Blower and two Quads. It won't be done so said he will bring it for the 50th and if he is still alive, I know he will as he still lives in the 50's.

Brian

I had a chevy impala ss with the 409/425h.p. I thought it was fast until my buddy got a 63 plymouth with the 426/425 with cross ram induction. This car driven on the street would run 12.00 at the strip. We had to stop and put a quart of oil in it every 50 miles. But really fun

short6.jpg

This was always my dream car. Being pratical it took me 32 years to buy one. It sure is fun, turns on a dime. Scary as ##### on the interstate. Glad I have other outfits for that.

WB

Here was a 1970 chevelle with a quick 350. I had it for a few years, had to sell it though, :-(

CAR2.bmp

CAR1.bmp

Nice looking cars guys. I was just a little too young for the muscle cars but I remember my brothers cars though. One had a 57 chevy that he restored and used to put in car shows. And one of my other brothers had a pretty nice dodge charger from somewhere around the early 70's.

Went to a car show and auction this last weekend. They had my dream car there. A 65 mustang shelby GT500. I could have bought it for only $110K.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom