Muzz hunt increase odds?

sneeky

Are there any states that have hunts that are easier to draw if you muzzleload hunt instead of rifle, for deer or elk? I have switched to muzzleloader here in Utah a few years ago and haven't looked back. Now I'm looking for extra states to hunt.
Thanks.
Todd

Do you really think anyone is going to tell you that. Another out of state hunter using up the draw slots that the instate hunters want. Don't come to Arizona; we don't have any Elk here. On another note I think they just increased the cost of the tags by a factor of five from last year. I am not sure I am going to be able to afford hunting if I get lucky enough to get drawn. Rumor has it that instate tag will be about $400.00. Out of state is estimated at $1600.00 if they got it passed.

Colorado you can usually draw a statewide tag with 2points on the Muzzy. But for a special unit it will be alot more.

Colorado will be an easier draw for a general season muzzle tag. Non residents get 40% of draw. You should draw a bull tag with 1-2 points. Cow tag with 0.

BeanMan

I think too many people Muzz hunt in utah now. I wish they would move the season back after the rifle hunt like it used to be. I detest hunting in 85 degree weather. Give me a good blizzard every time.

-DallanC
www.HuntingNut.com

The problem on the later hunt is alot of the deer have moved towards wintering grounds which in Utah is alot of private grounds... so it makes it tough for someone who cant afford or cant get on private ground. We used to hunt the late hunt and it was very good hunting but we were on some private ground...Then the private ground was taken from us so we started bow hunting.

I agree the Muzz should be later, I too like the cold, wet weather. One thing I have noticed about the Muzz being early is a lot more country is open to the *##*?*$## ATV'rs with everything being dry. They can get even more places than during the rifle. But there is still less hunters than during the rifle.
Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom