Muzz. hunts, this year?

fairchase

Well, I think most of the states have posted their draw results for the year. Everybody has made plans final or will very soon. So, where are you going and what are you hunting this year with your muzzleloader?
I Have three hunts in the works.

Sept. Muleys in Nevada (region 7)
Oct. Muleys in Central Idaho (Any weapon hunt but planning on the ol'smokepole)
Nov. Cow elk also in Idaho

How about you?

i'll be chasing elk in unit 34 new mexico october 2-6. plan on going over there labor day weekend to scout. just looking for a good represenative of the species. have been shooting the muzzle loader over the last few weeks and feel pretty comfortable with it out to 200yds. will only shoot that far if backed into a corner though.
will also be hunting s.tx in early december along with unit 27 new mexico. may take muzzle loader to s.tx but will need more range in new mexico.
last but not least will be hunting oryx in january. would love to take the muzzle loader then but not sure yet.

jason

"TAG",just arrived today,infact I drew tag "#1" for Az.Muz Antelope hunt in Unit 2B.Waited a while for this hunt,used 14 B.P.Good Luck to everyone this Season ---

Have a Crawford Mtn. tag in Ut. for mule deer in Dec. and also a sept. mule deer tag in N.M. unit 2. One hunt with a scope and one with a red dot. Should be fun!!

Going on a late August Nevada antelope hunt and plan on using the muzzleloader. September Nevada muzz deer hunt in area 7 also. Struck out on all the other tags.

Good hunting all!

Bull elk, Colorado unit 76 near Creede, Sept. 11-19...

New York late bow and muzzleloader deer and bear season, December...

I will be hunting Nevada unit 173 around the 20 th. of Sept.I can,t wait to get my new Omega 50.cal and start playing with it.Good luck to all......Devlin

Littlebuck,

I had 8 pts. Have been on this hunt the last 4 years helping friends who drew out. Pray for snow!! Fewer tags allowed this year should help also. Omega with red dot should do just fine.

muzzleloader cow elk near eagle,co. muzzleloader buck,eastern plains,co. wild boar ,near paris,tx.probably with my 7 mag or 30-30.

Colorado
Muzzleloader Cow tag unit 61
3rd rifle buck unit 41, I'm considering using my Omega instead of the high power.

Antelope: Big goose egg
Moose: Bigger goose egg

Ut. Muzz. Deer. The only luck scouting this year has been getting flat tires!

Nevada area 7. Wife drew the tag this year. Hope the one that got away last year is still around 190 class last year. Keeping my fingers crossed for the velvet to stay on. Last year the big one rubed off and disapered right before the opening.

I have a Bookcliff's muzzleloader permit. Had 6 points when drawn. Headed out later today for a weekend of scouting. I shoot a Remington 700 ML, topped with a red-dot scope, and loaded with 240gr Hornady XTP's. Can't wait for September to roll around!

Oregon N. Warner 174M in late November - Probably use my hawken &
South East Idaho in late November - Traditional
Will still take my inline to Oregon for back up.

Bill

Me and my brother both got lucky and got tags in Utah/Southern, and Nevada/area 114&115

Hello Fairchase

This was my eighth year applying. Therefore I had 7 points going into the draw. Top of the list for Non-residents applying. Now I just hope for enough snow to push the big bucks off Drakes Peak and across to public property.

Bill

Cabuck
How have you guys done in the past on this hunt? I hunted the Crawfords in 2001. I was there the first week and camped on top.
Wish you luck this year.
Bill

I'll go to the high country in Colorado in September for mule deer. I also hope to go to Nebraska for the muzzleloader season. If anyone wants to share info, I'll be glad to work through a PM or two.

Also, I had that Nevada 114/115 late muzzleloader license 3 years ago. I got a respectable 27" buck and had a great time. If you want details, shoot me a PM and I'll help.

Good hunting to all.

Jim

LIK2HUNT,

Are you from Calif? There was a guy camped up on top that year in the deep snow. I was there helping with the conservation tag holder. He missed several bucks during the last week that were awesome!!! Finally went home empty handed. Figured he had enough chances and would let the deer live another year. Missed great buck on the south-end toward radio tower, later taken by UT. resident 31" 7x9. Missed 5x5 32" on radio tower on main canyon, not very heavy though. Passed on 26" buck with cheaters that we helped another resident take that was 36" at the widest. Had a 7" cheater on one side alone!! Also not very heavy though. Can be great if you get the weather like in 2001. Now 2002, not very much weather at all. Good bucks were scarce. Great bucks were non-existent. Pray for snow!!

CABUCK

We drew Unit #29 late season Idaho Control Muzzleloader which starts on Thanksgiving Day. We have never hunted this Unit before but we are really excited for the hunt. We will keep you updated with the results of our hunt.
m00num

CABUCK

Yes that was me camped on top. If I had to do it again I think I would have camped lower and on the south end. The bigest proplem I had was that I could only hunt the first week. Only saw one nice buck. 27 to 28 inch wide 5x4 with the fifth point being a tripod. Took a small 24 inch 4x3 on the way out the last day. I think the deer started coming in the last week.
What type of vehicle were you driving?
There were some other guy's from southern Utah guiding an old guy that left after the first week. I figured they took a nice one and left. They were camped in a trailer on the south end.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom