Muzzle Loader Scope Voting Poll

Would you like to see muzzy scopes do which of the following:

• Go to 4x or lower

Votes: 40 14.0%
  • Revert Back to 2016 and earlier regs ( 1x/open sights)

Votes: 139 48.6%
  • Stay as is with no further advancements in tech.

Votes: 107 37.4%

• Total voters
1And I was told the other day by someone that UT was way ahead of most other states in matters of game management and conservation :ROFLMAO:
We are ahead in some matters of game management, BUT, again, they are secondary to eradicating/controlling cheatgrass. ALL our neighbors are losing mule deer just like we are. And no matter how they (or we) manage them, no matter how we hunt them, no matter what the human population growth is, no matter how many predators we kill, no matter what the weather is like, no matter how many crossovers, escape ramps, fences, guzzlers, water catchments or wells we build, no matter how many seedlings we plant or seeds we drop from aircraft or pinions and junipers we lop and scatter, the best we've been able to do is save some deer herds for a limited period of time, but no long-term growth is happening. Why not?

[/URL]

(Edited) Note Hawaii on the map. Wildfires in Maui? Yep! Cheatgrass!

Maybe MDF should put more money, time and manpower into fighting cheatgrass?

Last edited:
We are ahead in some matters of game management, BUT, again, they are secondary to eradicating/controlling cheatgrass. ALL our neighbors are losing mule deer just like we are. And no matter how they (or we) manage them, no matter how we hunt them, no matter what the human population growth is, no matter how many predators we kill, no matter what the weather is like, no matter how many crossovers, escape ramps, fences, guzzlers, water catchments or wells we build, no matter how many seedlings we plant or seeds we drop from aircraft or pinions and junipers we lop and scatter, the best we've been able to do is save some deer herds for a limited period of time, but no long-term growth is happening. Why not?

[/URL]

(Edited) Note Hawaii on the map. Wildfires in Maui? Yep! Cheatgrass!

Maybe MDF should put more money, time and manpower into fighting cheatgrass?
You are correct, cheatgrass is of the Devil ?

I belive some of these collar studies the MDF, SFW and DWR are funding will make a difference. Finding out where deer actually migrate and winter will greatly help the deer survival needs.
Alot of the habitat projects in the past was where we thought deer should be not always where they wanted to be.

So?

Are you Starting a Committee?

I belive some of these collar studies the MDF, SFW and DWR are funding will make a difference. Finding out where deer actually migrate and winter will greatly help the deer survival needs.
Alot of the habitat projects in the past was where we thought deer should be not always where they wanted to be.

There are already means and ways of controlling cheatgrass, but to do it on a large scale would require some planning and financing. If we need a committee to do that, then so be it! But whatever we do would be worth it! (IMHO, of course.)

Something Before Now Shoulda Been Tried!

Something That Might Worked That Is!

There are already means and ways of controlling cheatgrass, but to do it on a large scale would require some planning and financing. If we need a committee to do that, then so be it! But whatever we do would be worth it! (IMHO, of course.)

Something Before Now Shoulda Been Tried!

Something That Might Worked That Is!
You have no argument from me, Bess! Several things have been tried, but most of them disturbed the soil in some way, ie;
(burning, plowing, scrapping, chaining, dropping various seeds, funguses), but cheatgrass thrives on disturbed soil.

Remember Black Fingers of Death? Very effective in the lab/test area, but impossible to establish in the field. We now have Rejuvra and Esplanade, two herbicides that target cheatgrass, but they have to be applied every year by hand for at least 5 years and cost about $50 per acre per year. There's gotta be a better way, but we need the money, time, interest, cooperation from private, state and federal land managers and DWR to pull it off. We do it for the hunts, why not this issue. As you know, I support the opportunities to hunt and this issue could double those opportunities. And it certainly would add to the trophy numbers!

BTW: end of highjack, for me at least.

Last edited:
I Do Remember It efa!

But I Don't Think I Ever Heard FOR SURE What Became With It?

You have no argument from me, Bess! Several things have been tried, but most of them disturbed the soil in some way, ie;
(burning, plowing, scrapping, chaining, dropping various seeds, funguses), but cheatgrass thrives on disturbed soil.

Remember Black Fingers of Death? Very effective in the lab/test area, but impossible to establish in the field.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom