Muzzleloader deer 11,13,22,131,211,231

clock

I had this tag last year and spent the whole hunt in 22, up high on the divide road. I never got to pull the trigger. Iam wondering about the other units, and what info anyone can offer. I know there's some high country in 231, does it have any tropy potential? thanks, clock

211 around Duffy's mountain could have some potential. Maybe a trespass fee somewhere or would you be strictly public land? If it we me and I was hunting the muzzy season I'd be hunting as high as possible and near water.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Thanks tailchasers, do you know anywhere I can pay a tresspass fee and hunt? or how I would pursue to find owners who do this? I did a two day cruise through all the units last summer and did go through the Duffy Mnt country. There's so much country in these units, that you could take a season just to hunt each unit, and some are mostly winter range, holding only a few deer early. clock

Craig, Meeker, or Rifle Chamber of Commerence would be your best bet. Craig has a good website available.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

>Thanks tailchasers, do you know anywhere
>I can pay a tresspass
>fee and hunt? or how
>I would pursue to find
>owners who do this? I
>did a two day cruise
>through all the units last
>summer and did go through
>the Duffy Mnt country. There's
>so much country in these
>units, that you could take
>a season just to hunt
>each unit, and some are
>mostly winter range, holding only
>a few deer early. clock
>

Actually, much of that winter range has good numbers of resident deer.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]I have always found deer arround Duffy's mountain,Nice area to hunt.
Also Unit 231 where the National Forest meets private on the east side of the unit can be good with good access.
I have not hunted the other units you have.

Thanks a lot guys, cohntr62, can you tell me which unit(s) might have trophy potential and public land access on the lower or winter range? thanks, clock

>Thanks a lot guys, cohntr62, can
>you tell me which unit(s)
>might have trophy potential and
>public land access on the
>lower or winter range? thanks,
>clock

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask about trophies. I seem to end up with just "nice, decent" bucks. I'm more familiar with the northern units. Since I never accumulate more than 1 PP, I've never even applied for unit 22. Regardless, 22 has the reputation of maybe being the best trophy unit of those you list. It is a big area and they issue a relatively small number of licenses limiting hunting pressure. I know you said you tried one area of 22 with no success, but it still might be your best bet. The southern part of the unit is a little higher and should hold more deer during the muzzleloader season. Lots of BLM.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom