Muzzy Deer Book Cliffs

Easy_green

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-19 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]Hello everyone, I am not new to MM, but I have not signed in for a few years and could not recover my old login info. I have lived in Utah most of my life, but I recently moved to California to work for the Department of the Navy. Utah will always be home. My primary passion is hunting waterfowl, but I really enjoy big game hunting and fishing as well.

I would like to ask those who had the opportunity to hunt the Book Cliffs for deer during the muzzleloader season, how the deer numbers are and was it a good hunt? If you were to do it over, would you still hunt the muzzleloader? Or would you have waited a few more years to build points to hunt the rifle season?

Please feel free to PM as well.

I hunted the Muzzleloader Hunt in 2010 and had a good hunt. I think of the three hunts it's probably the hardest. Archery hunt most all the deer are high along the Divide. During the rifle hunt most have moved off the top. During the Muzzleloader hunt the deer were spread from the top down to Indian Road. The bigger bucks were in the thicker steeper areas. I would hunt it again if given the chance. Still saw a lot of bucks high but most were the smaller Bucks.

I had it in 2014 and hunted the roadless section and had a blast. I saw a ton of bucks. I found 3 bucks just before opener that were 170-190" never turned them up again during the season.

Much different in the Bookcliffs now than the past couple decades.

This year looks more like 1995. When they closed it.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I often see posts about the archery or rifle seasons for the Book Cliffs, but I personally have not seen that many muzzy posts on the Book Cliffs.

The last time I was out there I saw a lot of bucks, only a few that would break the 170 mark. Most of them were 140-160 class bucks. It was still cool to see a lot of deer each day.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom