Muzzy Elk Rut

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Just curious to hear how the dates for the muzzy LE elk hunt has been the past few years in relation to the elk rut here in Utah? My wife drew the LaSal muzzy bull tag this year (Sep 25th-Oct 6th). I know the LaSals don’t typically produce the size of bulls as some of the other big name units but we just wanted the experience of potentially chasing some bulls during the rut.
We’ve made a few trips and have seen some beautiful country and a few good looking bulls so far. I have a son coming home from his mission a few weeks before the hunt starts so that will be pretty cool to have him there.

I hunted the muzzy hunt in 2020 (I think opening day was Sept 21st that year). My bro and I hiked in a spike camp the night before opener near the area I had been seeing my target bull and we did not get a wink of sleep that night. Bulls bugled all night long and at first light.

The bull I killed screamed all morning with about 30 cows until I put a 300 grain bullet in his lungs ?

I scouted hard two days before my hunt opened and witnessed a ton of rut action. I personally think the Utah muzzy LE elk hunt is the best for pure rut action. Good luck on your hunt! Should be extra special having your son home to share in it??

I hunted the muzzy hunt in 2020 (I think opening day was Sept 21st that year). My bro and I hiked in a spike camp the night before opener near the area I had been seeing my target bull and we did not get a wink of sleep that night. Bulls bugled all night long and at first light.

The bull I killed screamed all morning with about 30 cows until I put a 300 grain bullet in his lungs ?

I scouted hard two days before my hunt opened and witnessed a ton of rut action. I personally think the Utah muzzy LE elk hunt is the best for pure rut action. Good luck on your hunt! Should be extra special having your son home to share in it??
Awesome. That was a great bull you killed.

I’ll be down there the first week in October hunting goats.
if you pm me your number I could maybe help you out if I see a good bull.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom