Muzzy unit options

Manti is great.

But.

1. Muzzy deer hunt.
2. ATV traffic
3. Sheep

We hunt deer with muzzy. So does a big swath of dudes. Lots of guys wandering around

Sanpete county is becoming world famous for ATV promotion. The weather is still nice and there are a lot of tourists.

Sheep come off usually last Saturday of Sept. They move them the week before and stage them at top of sheep trails on top of the lower towns. Something to think about when planning.

Manti muzzy is the tag I'm putting in for.

Thanks hoss, I'll take that into consideration. I've read about a roadless area in there, how big of an area is it? Looks like there are a ton of roads.

Early rifle wasatch was a 16 point draw last year. That tag just brought $21,200 at auction. Significantly higher than average, and if anything tells the story about where a unit is, its the auction tag prices.

S. Cache is a sleeper on the up and up right now. Manti is pretty much exactly what you would expect it to be. Good, and great for a handful of guys.

Books is pretty rough from what i hear and see, same with SWD.

I’ve heard its a pretty dang good year to look at the dutton. Fish lake kicked out a couple hammer bulls last year and probably is a early rifle tag to look at.

Reality is at 16 points as a RES the tags you can draw are gonna be an overspend to draw muzz. Meaning it would only take 10-12 points to draw the muzz for the most part. Not much you can do at this point, its just the nature of the beast.

I hunted the early rifle last year in the "roadless" area on the north end of the Manti. Not really roadless in the wilderness sense, but fewer roads than the rest of the Unit. It was a nice piece of country to hunt from horseback without ATVs buzzing everywhere. I can confirm that sheep were common during the early rifle - in fact we moved camp once because of them. Best elk hunt I've had in years - lots of elk, hard rutting activity, with some real bruisers. Unfortunately I didn't tag the best bull we saw, but good enough.

That's good to hear you can get away from the ATVs, we've got a few good mules that should be up to the task. Congrats on getting it done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom