My 10 yr old got his pig tonight

NMPaul

Zach had missed a shot a couple of weeks ago. Tonight we went up into some country we had seen some pig sign while horseback riding last year.
We were less than a quarter of a mile up the draw and we saw pigs. Zach snuck in to about 30 yard and made a nice clean shot taking out both lungs. Best yet it was a down hill drag all the way to the truck. Great day out.
We saw a 8 point whitetail buck, Mearns quail chicks no bigger than your thumb and the pigs. Great day.

Congrats to your son but we want pictures. Just kidding, good to hear your son got his pig and you making it all possible for him too.

Brian

Performing a public service, no less. Doesn't get any better than that! Much congrats to you and your son!

I second WapitiBob's motion. Let's see some pics Paul! Congrats and I guess this means you guys survived the flooding?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-08 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]Havent been taking the camera on the pig excursions because we think it jinxes us. Maybe we will get a pic of it hanging. He skinned the almost the whole pig himself. Did real good.

Here is a pic of his pig from last year. The one he got last night was a smaller 150# black sow. To drag it out we gutted and cut her head off so pics at home would not have been to pretty.

ZachsHog005.jpg

Congrats NMPjr!

Darn! You are quite a shot and a little killing (harvesting) machine! As an old fart, I got to say, you are off to a great start!

Please don't forget I need your help on a Oryx hunt one day? How about a piggy invite little man!;-) I can drive? Ha!

Congrats again! I always enjoy your photos!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom