My 2015 NM Bull

passthrough

The hunting gods smiled on me this past weekend. I was on my way to shoot a 340 bull, which would have been my best to date, when my good buddy Jon called me off the gun. He told me to wait because there was a 350 type 7X7 with the 340 that I couldn't see and he was headed my way. I never really looked at him, just stayed focused on the shot, as he entered my window, 400 yards across a canyon. Even when he hit the ground I had no idea what he was, because he died in a thick spot where I couldn't see his antlers, from across the canyon. When I walked up on him my legs gave out, I had to sit and regain my composure, before I could walk up to him. I am far more blessed than I deserve, that "350 7x7" turned into a matching 9x9! I still had no idea how big he really was, just that he was super big.
6328img0098.jpg

4841img0072.jpg

5577img0068.jpg

6185img0065.jpg

I am blessed to have a great group of guys that were willing to come and help me pack him out, Thanks again HC(pjhunter) and Barry. You guys knew what you were getting into and still showed up. The bull green scored 412 6/8, with a 384 frame. I am humbled by the size of this animal. Way better to be lucky than good...

Hell of a bull!! Do you mind if I ask what unit? I can almost swear I had that guy at 200 yards during the bow hunt. I had one very similar to him if not him bugling his butt off for 20 minutes up the canyon from me. Had about a 100 cows and 3 or 4 other bulls between us. The one I was on had the same frame with kickers just like yours. You can PM me if you want.

Congrats on a great bull. That unit has made a believer out of me for sure...Great bulls and bucks.For all the guys youve helped , its nice to see you get yours, congrats again...Paul and Vince will bring him back to life sure enough....

Wes you are the man!! That is a toad. Hope you are doing well and glad to see a big one like that hit the dirt. I might have to come see you to know what one that big looks like in real life.

Thanks to all of you guys. Like I said I am so blessed to have crossed paths with this bull. Truly a bull of a lifetime. Seeing him in my grimy paws is pretty surreal.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom