My 2C Buck

passthrough

I had the hunt of a lifetime in unit 2. We saw a ton of deer. It was just way too hot for rutting activity. We didnt see any big deer pushing does. The biggest buck that we saw with the does was a 160 4x. I missed an absolute GIANT! He was a 185 3x3. His G2's were about 23-24, G4's 14-15, a 28-29 inch main beam, super massive, 4 inch eyeguards, he was every bit of 30-32 inches wide. We ranged him at 309, I was steady, squeezed, and bang, shot a foot over him! In my haist I used the wrong tick mark on my scope and shot him for 400. That sucks! The next day we found this buck and I just couldn't pass him up. It was like x-mas morning when we walked up to him, he had the matching double eyeguard, and a cool mainbeam. We knew he had the extra, and that his G2's were short but good enough. We guessed him at 175, and he scored 178. A good buck for public land, we saw 2 bucks about the same size that I passed up. Take my advise and dont waste your time with 2C, 2B is where it is at!
474b830975282af7.jpg

474b833a7622e751.jpg

474b83b978e802c2.jpg

Passthrough ~ that a great public land 2C buck, with great character.. I am not sure the 2B hunters had much success this year?? With the mild weather in Colorado, there were not a lot of deer moving into the unit..

Congratulations..

pass,

Congrats on a great buck. You got to be happy with 170+ public land any day! Nicely done cowboy!

He's a dandy, Whould loved to have seen the one you missed he's sounds like a great buck too. Congrats on a great hunt.

Congradulations Wes that is a very nice muley, sorry you mised the big one. Looks like you and kyle had a good time.

Take care

Glenn

Passthru
Which hunt did you hunt?
Really nice buck, where were they when I hunted, they must hide in caves.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom