My $3 Digiscope Setup for Sony WX9

smoktem

Thought I would share the cheap setup I made in 10 minutes that works as good as the Tines Up adapter and for only a couple bucks at Home Depot. I had two reasons I wanted to make this, one was I didn't want to glue a ring on my camera and two I am a cheap bastard always looking to save a buck. I used some scrap metal, compression coupler, super glue, leather and a screw.
781dsc01693.jpg

I bent the metal and cut it (poorly as you can see) to fit on the flat part of the camera, and drilled the hole for the screw.
7932imag0348.jpg

Next put a little glue on metal and center up the outer ring then pulled off camera and finished glueing both sides.
3418imag0349.jpg

7885dsc01698.jpg

I had to cut a couple threads off of the coupler to get the camera in the sweet spot as well as glue a strip of leather inside to where it fit snug over my eye peice.
8386dsc01696.jpg

It goes on and off quickly, works well, and only costs a few bucks to make. I am not sure if anyone cares, but figured I would post anyway.
8016imag0350.jpg

7504imag0351.jpg

I've been wondering who got in to my Fittings!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>What size is the compression coupling?
> Was you lens objective
>2 1/8 inches wide?

I have a Swarovski scope and it is 2 1/8- 2 1/4. I just took my eye piece into store and found the closest size.

I like it!

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom