My 8yr old got it done on a great pronghorn today!!

DIYhunter

5235image.jpg
My son introduced this buck to a Berger hybrid 95 grain .243 bullet. Made a great shot 325 yards. Dropped like he was struck by lightening !! He also has a great late season youth only muley tag and a bull tag. Off to a good start.

Nice buck young hunter ! I only dreamed at 8 years old of getting to go hunting Congrats 264mag

Congrats!! These are the stories I like to read about.

~Jason Peterson

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

That is awesome - I will be in New Mexico with my 9 year old the first week of December for mule deer - I don't know who is more excited for the hunt! Great memories!

Congrats! Very nice buck for the young hunter.
What kind of a muzzle break is on that Encore? Like it and how loud is it?
How much meat damage does that Berger Hybrid cause?
Again, great way to start off the hunting season. What deer tag does your son have?
Good luck the rest of the hunting season!

The break is from scorehigh gunsmith in Albuquerque. It is loud but no recoil, can usually see impact in scope. I have the kids wear sound enhancing ear muffs to muffle sound but yet I can still whisper to them. Not much meat damage with the Berger. No exit wound, but if you hit an animal too far back it would be a mess!! He drew the unit 58 youth only tag, the public land is good. I was able to gain access to a large ranch in the area that is going to let me take him in . Should have a chance at a great buck. As a side note my 13yr old daughter drew the oct. youth only pronghorn in 50/52 and youth only deer either species in unit 27. Feel very fortunate for us to have drawn 3 youth only tags!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-13 AT 07:51PM (MST)[p]Congrats!!!! To the Young Man this is what hunting is about!!! Good luck on the another two hunts thanks for sharing.

Nicely done, hope the rest of your hunts go as well. Good luck for the rest of the year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom