My boys first hunt.

godeep

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-14 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-14 AT 09:05?PM (MST)

My boy last winter finally said he wanted to go with me hunting. So I asked him what he wanted to go hunting for? Elk, Deer, Antelope? Nope he says Turkeys. I thought crap not like there is a lot of them down here in the Southeast Wyoming, but I'll be danged if I was going to let the opportunity pass me by so I got a general tag a few days before opener, and opening afternoon we headed out just to see if we could even find one. 3 sheds and 2 hours of glassing and we found this boy with 15 hens. We snuck close enough for a shot and dropped him were he strutted. This is what hunting is about! This is a day I will NEVER forget.

4730gps_4-1-14_022.jpg

He looks like he's not totally convinced that the bird is completely dead. lol Congrats on a great turkey!

Good job, we have to keep those kids involved in the outdoors! It's even better when it's their idea to go!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-14 AT 09:04AM (MST)[p]I always knew he'd want to go, but that was just it if it was his idea I knew there was a lot better chance of him enjoying it. I let him decided everything from the shell from the box to the way we went to start glassing. He was pretty proud cause it was his choices that lead us to filling a tag.

Pretty sweet. Does not get much better then hunting with your kids. Love the photo. Thanks for sharing.

Well done Mr godeep!
There's nothing better than hunting with kids. I have 5 and have been there with every one of them on their first deer, elk and in some cases, sheep.
None of them has ever shot a turkey... yet (I'll probably miss that experience since they mostly hunt with their spouses now).
Darn cool pic and thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom