My Brothers '06 Muley

W

WTK

Here are some PICS of my brothers muley he arrowed in January of 2006. I was quite a hunt. It was in 36b, we were only going down for a few hours on Sunday just to get some hunting in before I came back to Peoria. It started off with us gassing up a Monster, it looked like he had Field goals on his head, he was about 1-1.5 mile out so we packed up to get closer when my dad spotted another buck right at the bottom of the hill we were on. He wasn't near as big as the first one we spotted but big enough to change our plans to go after this one. My brother had one the coin flip so it was his buck to go after. I Just figured that this one was going to end up just as the last 50 stalks had ended, BLOWN. my brother proceeded down the hill to cut the deer off but the deer appeared to be walking his territory and making his rubs, it was a real treat. He walked about a mile in a circle and ended up at the bottom of the hill that we were on again. Once he reached the hill the tree he entered looked like a covey of quail exploding out of it, however it was his harem of does. There were seven does and two fawns all together. With our hand signals we walked my brother in position to set up to try and find the deer under the trees. He got to approx. 150 yards from the deer when he started ranging different shot possibilities and as he tried to put it back in his pocket he dropped it on the ground. When the range finder hit the ground, the buck sprung out of the tree and started walking straight for my brother. At that point he finally picked up the buck and settled under the only cover there was, an Ocotillo. You wouldn't think that a 240 man could hide himself in such a small amount of vegetation, but trust me it can be done. Meanwhile my dad and I were having fits on top of the hill watching everything unfold, we were only 200 yards from all this. The buck still on a mission to see what made the noise disappeared into a small wash which was separating him from my brother. Not knowing where the buck would decide to come out I of The wash my dad and I were frantically looking on my brothers hill when he came out of the wash only 50 yards from my brother. He had his head hung low his great big ears folded down walking at fairly good pace. Now I have both the deer and my brother in The Binocs. I saw the deer get behind a small Mesquite tree and my brother came to full draw when the deer cleared the tree I saw The deer jump and head straight down The hill back into the wash he just came out of. I saw my bother stand up with his arms raised in the air, so I figured he hit it. I went back down to the wash to look for the deer, when there he was. Blood everywhere, he stuck it through The jugular with his 100gr muzzy four blades. the deer laid down not more than 75 yards from where he stuck it. My dad had our eyes on it the whole time so there wasn't much of a tracking job for my brother. Once my dad and I got to my brother and the deer I took off running and jumped in my brothers arms and started jumping and yelling. It took him over 12 years to finally connect with a mule deer with his bow and it was a very emotional time. He was a beast of a buck. he was on the down hill side of his prime, a very big bodied deer, 225 pounds. his face was scarred and a couple tines were broken. Wellars Studios were the Taxi's and as always they did a tremendous job. Here are the mounted PICS, enjoy.

W.T.K.

Sorry for the tease, but it is not letting me post the PICS. Can anyone help?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom