My dads 1st season bull

born_2_hunt

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-13 AT 09:40PM (MST)[p]My dad smoked this bull opening morning right at first light. Its been quite some time since he's connected on an elk and I couldn't be more proud to have been there with him.

He's never taken a 6x6 and my mission this year was to get him one. After a two mile hike into our spot in the dark I glassed up herd a couple hundred yards away while it was just getting light.

We spotted this bull and 3 others with a group of cows. After waiting for it to get light enough to shoot, the big guy fed off and out of sight. We waited quite a while for him to appear again and after about 20 minutes of deciding what we should do he finally stepped out at 290yds.

He made a great shot and the bull piled up in about 100yds.

8461005.jpg

3461007.jpg

9791019.jpg

7019018.jpg

9814dscn3119.jpg

6301dscn3115.jpg

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Love this post! That is a dandy bull. I especially like how the bullet hole is visible in each of the shots. The photo of you shaking hands is classic as well. Great job!

Congrats on your hunt. Thats a great looking bull. Glad you were able to help your dad with his goal of a great 6x6 bull. After seeing your pics of your giant mule deer year after year, it really looks like you know how to get it done.

Congrats again, hope you get to have many more hunts like this with your father in the future.

Last year your gal got a great bull now your pa... I'm seeing a cool trend!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Yup he killed his about 80yds from where she got her bull. Now only if I could get one to hold still long enough for to me put an arrow in it we'd be stylin!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg