My Daughter wants her trail cam back!

patriot25

My 2 1/2 year old little girl and i had our trailcam stollen this past weekend in the North Cache unit. This is the second year i have put a trailcam fairly close the tony grove road. My daughter Raegen loves to go into the mountains to check the cam with daddy every couple weeks. The other day we walked up on a Porcupine and she won't stop talking about it. I put her in my kid carrier and off we go. Well this saturday we hiked into this (very well known) water hole to check it and someone decided they needed it worse than she or i did. I don't have a special tag or anything just love to hike with my favorite pal, and see whats about. I know i will never see it again, but can't believe the effort these punks took to get it. Yes, i know it happens all over the state, but come on man! My box was locked in a tight fabricated steel box. Two 5/16 X 3" lags lagged it to a 8" round fence post. Looks to me like they hooked it to a horse and with some time and effort broke the post off at the ground. So there they are riding out of the mountains with a 3' fence post with a steel locked camera box attached over thier lap. That takes some balls!! anyway i'll quit complaining. I know its gone and i imagine it will happen to me again, especially if i keep putting them close enough to take my daughter to. If the guys that took it read this i just want you to know the person that enjoyed this camera the most is a 2 year old little girl named Raegen and our trail camera hikes are over, atleast for the rest of this year.

7267mdgc0073.jpg

Don't let a couple of aholes ruin your trips to the outdoors. I'm sure she'll continue to enjoy going out.

Hang in there.

Eldorado

Sorry to hear about the theft of your property. Sad that punks can't leave what is not theirs alone. Keep take'n your little one out with you, these are memories both of you will cherish forever.
Back in the early 80's one of my sergeants and I were bs'ing and he said, "youngster, the sixties was the era of LSD, the hippie and free love, the Seventies was the era of cocaine for the high rollers, and the fall of some of the big time organized crime orgs, the Eighties so far looks like it's gonna be the era of the street gangs". And then he continued, " but the Nineties is going to be the era of the vigilante" Well, he was right about the Eighties, the Nineties are dead and stinking, but the street parasites aren't. Here we are dang near 30 yrs later and I keep waiting to hear about the vigilantes! Our society sucks!, no way around it.

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Your a class act! Keep it up!
nothing I enjoy more than the outdoors with my kids and now granddaughters, I need to remember how to get as excited about a doe off the sied of the road as my 3 and 5 year old grandaughters!
The time and efforts we all spend viewing or working for better habitat is for these kids and they deserve to to see the outdoors as good or better than when we first saw it.

Try South America choose the country if you think our society sucks. I feel bad for him and his daughter loosing the trail cam but at least every person you meet on the street isn't trying to pick your pocket or steal the camera from around your neck as has been my experience in South America.

besides.......pictures from your spy cam of me making love to my secretary where I had a reasonable expectation of privacy aren't really appropriate for 2 year olds....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12 AT 03:41PM (MST)[p]Founder needs to create a stolen camera forum. Then all the guys who have their junk pilfered off public ground can bee-atch it up...

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12
>AT 03:41?PM (MST)

>
>Founder needs to create a stolen
>camera forum. Then all
>the guys who have their
>junk pilfered off public ground
>can bee-atch it up...

+1

Fair is where you go to see carnival rides.

I have no memories of anything before about age 5 so your daughter should be fine.

Leaving property on public land shows a wonderful optimism about the ethics of those around you. Two issues, though.

First, do you leave your garage door up at night? Do you park your vehicle unlocked at the mall? Good for you if you do. Most of us lock up things on our own property. I do not expect people in the woods to be any better than those that are in our city. Do you?

Second, some folks feel they own chunks of public land. They will take your memory cards, your cams, slash your tires, etc, when you try to use that same public land.

My advice is to never put up a legal cam without a second cam placed looking at the first cam and takes IR pics without a flash.

I dislike things left on public property. Trashes up things in my opinion. Some public land has rules against abandoned property left overnight. Ethics then comes into play if you are leaving property overnight.

I don't get the whole trail cam thing. Most of what I see here on MM is that they get stolen. Put in the effort to scout without a camera. mtmuley

.....and I'm not joking about the "reasonable expectation" of a little privacy on public land......it's not yours to surveile...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

This is the USA where people get paid to watch people that are watching you!

Tell ya what ya do!

Set your Trail Cam up!

Then set another Trail Cam up to watch that Trail Cam!

That might do it!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Hey ~Z~?

Can you give me some Coordinates as to where you picked it up?

Does it come with Pics already on the Card?

Does it already have a Name?

D13er, For the most part you are a funny dude and I get a kick out of your comments and you might not be joking referring to your comment about making love to your secretary, but it is also ILLEGAL on public land to be naked in view anywhere. So your saying it's ok for you and your secretary to break the law with indecent exposure? Hhmmm, appears to me you are more wrong than the guys leaving the camera. Besides, don't you want a witness as to how you died naked on your back from your 350lb secretary that fell on top of you? They say pictures are worth a thousand words? just sayin. LMAO!!

I do not understand what you guys are all upset about with these cameras. You doing something wrong, don't want to get caught? A little paranoid maybe? I see a camera I give them a thumbs up. Many times it just lets me know someone is there and I move off further or deeper into the wilderness. In the past I have left my number to catch up on the area with their intentions and give them mine. Ever go hunt a place you been scouting only to get there on opening morning to find 3 other people there too? In most cases you can either move on or work it out with the hunter who has the camera. At least I know someone is there and pretty much have a good idea what to expect.

It does NOT matter if someone has a camera up or not. Someone may still plan and most likely will plan to hunt it anyway. I like that I at least know this up front and contact with them is best for both parties. That is what I just did for the upcoming deer hunt. I talked to the guy with a camera up on a water hole that I initially thought was left alone. I contacted the guy by leaving him my phone number attached to the side of his camera lock. We worked it out where I have moved off of the waterhole but have strategically set up a ways from it which is just as productive. I know this from putting my own camera up. I know where this guy is going to be and he knows where I am. We won't disturb each other. It could have been an opening day disaster otherwise. Get off the cameras out in the field, they are here to stay until otherwise outlawed. In the same token If you get your cmaera ripped off, sorry to hear it, get over it. Get smart and hide it better or make it a real pain to get to. Most folks aren't carrying bolt cutters or tree stand climbers into the hunt area scouting or not. If they are then chances are they are crooked anyway and will have their chunky secretaries watching their backs. :)

GBA

Trail Cams are GAY!!!
what do you think is going to happen to them, you leave them out almost year round on public ground. People like to go in the woods and not worry about their pictures getting taken around every bush! Besides isn't it illegal to leave them out for extended amount of time?
Disclaimer: No I have never touched or broke or stole one, I just hate them.

Wow. I guess your truck, trailer, ATV, and anything else is fair game just because you happen to be on public land.

Sad.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]Is it really illegal to be naked on public land?.......how depressing!

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12
>AT 10:16?AM (MST)

>
>Is it really illegal to be
>naked on public land?.......how depressing!
>
>
>"I could eat a bowl of
>Alphabet Soup and
>sh!t a better argument than that!"
>

+1 nickman! ;)

Those who are leaving cameras out (illegally or otherwise....) should beware and be prepared for people to mess with your stuff. Fact is, it's just going to happen on occasion. (Bummer, but that's the reality......) At the same time: To those messing with other people's stuff, shame on you!! :(

To those doing naked things with your secretary or anyone else on public ground, beware of cameras/binos! ;-) LOL

That's my $.02, which is barely worth that much......

S.

:)

PS: Is anyone else getting tired of this debate????? ;-)

For all those that really feel that it is OK to take a camera off a tree as if it was lost and you found it, Speak Up.

Prove to us that is really what you think.

My guess is nobody will admit to taking a camera of a tree because they know it is "STEALING". Plain and Simple, weather you like them or not it is not against the law in Utah.

Tell us how many you have found and where you found them and maybe you can do the right thing and give the "Lost" camera back to the owner and show that your a honorable person.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 11:21AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 11:10?AM (MST)

Everyone has opinions and everyone will find things in life they don't agree with. For those of you that are dissing trail cams need to grow up and be respectful. They aren't illegal and this person is simply letting others know that there are dishonest people and maybe some honest person will hear about or find some info leading to the success of finding the camera! If you want to complain about privacy go after the people that have the camera's on satellites that can watch your every move. There are plenty of things out there that people don't agree with, but we have to learn to deal with them. So grow up and be respectful maybe try to be a better person and keep your ears open for someone that might have brought a new trail cam home lately and their story as to how they purchased it doesn't make sense... Whether the cam makes its way back to its owner or not you still have a chance to be a kind and good person in helping others out. Being honest is the right thing to do and those who aren't, have a con-chance(dono how to spell it lol)and it will, at some point, come back to taunt them! They will have something that they like, stolen or trashed sometime throughout their life and then they will hope some honest person will help them out. They will remember times they were dishonest and then have the lovely feeling of guilt! (yes i have experienced it)
Patriot25 I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cam. I will keep my eyes and ears open! Good luck in finding your cam, your odds definitely aren't to great! I have a few cams myself and i don't look forward to the day one of mine goes missing.

Even if you come across your buddy's Trail Camera busted into, leave it alone . or if you find your Trail Camera busted into and another Camera next to yours busted into, even if it is your buddies Camera , leave it alone . Animosity between myself and someone else whom I was friends w/ is stirred up due too this exact situation .

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 05:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 05:10?PM (MST)

You will soon see a yearly fee placed on each camera you want to place on any federal land.

It will be a per camera fee. Each permitted camera will have a micro chip super glued to it at the BLM office when you buy your permits.

These chips can be scanned by law enfocement with a hand held device to get all the info contained in the micro chip.

Using GPS technology the location, time, date and ownership will be will be down loaded to a public data base at the time of scanning.

Unpermitted cameras in your possession while on any federal land will be confiscated. To go along with a wildlife violation.

A couple of the reasons they are going to be using
for this new regulation are
the batteries are being tossed into the water shed, fair chase, baiting at camera sights,especially salt based baits, destruction of trees and shrubs at camera sights, used by poachers and pot growers. Not to mention so many people complaining to law enforcement about stolen cameras.

Some of the numbers being kicked around are;

$25 per camera, per year.

Half the money to go towards permit processing and hardware, the other half towards "wild life conservation".

Outfitters are already required to apply for a permit to place a camera on Federal land. It has not been enforced in the past, but will soon enforced under this new regulation.

Just like you can not take an un-tagged or un-registered ATV or camp trailer or other vehicle on to federal land.

There is also talk of firearms and archery equipment to fall into this program down the road.

I don't have much of a dog in the fight but here is my two cents. If it ain't yours keep your mitts off it. It is however a strange world we live in when you basically are on multiple cameras daily and cannot escape that reality even going into the woods. While the expectation of privacy is an issue that can be argued on its legal merits one way or another, if your neighbor set up 25 high resolution cameras in every direction to cover each window and portion of your yard it would be a little aggravating. In the same respect, it is troubling that you can be picked up at any moment by a covert camera in the woods.

My other thought is if it is indeed illegal to bare your genitals in the woods than every single one of us is in violation unless you somehow pack an outhouse tent with you to set up before you take a dump or whip it out to take a leak.

I guess it comes down to one thing. Make sure if you're crying about someone breaking the law stealing your trail camera you're not breaking the law leaving it up. The law's the law. Either way I despise thieves.

In 200 years trail cameras from today, lost and forgotten, will be protected from removal by federal law under the umbrella of indigenous artifacts clauses.

To the point of the original poster. I would see if you can get
Z to sell it back to you. :)
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

....and as a matter of fact......a 350 pound secretary can be bent over fully clothed and banged.......

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Maybe so!

But you must have a Bigger Tool than me!

I'm sorry about your camera. It sucks to have one stolen, I have been there. But.......

When you buy a camera you have to be willing to take the risk. Everyone that buys a camera these days should know that there is a huge risk of it being stolen or destroyed. If you think you can hide it, or put it in a spot that nobody will ever find, you are wrong.

If you want to put a cam up, just know that it could very likely be stolen. If and when it does get stolen, deal with it like a man and get over it. It's a risk you took leaving stuff on public ground. All these post about stolen cams are getting old. Just move on and forget about it. There are obviously a ton of people out there that don't mind stealing cameras. If you don't someone messing with it, keep it in your backyard.

Fun topic. I've found multiple cameras set up but have never thought about stealing one. The last one I found I had stopped to urinate on a closed logging road. I finish my business, zip-up and turn around to see a camera pointed at me. I smiled and waived at the camera...

I was once on the fence about trailcams. I finally decided to buy one last year for a bear hunt. I have to laugh now at the anti trailcam people. I was once there. You either have them and love them or you don't have them and hate them.

Like HJB said, You have to understand there is a risk in using them. It does suck that people have to mess with them. These same people that can justify messing with them are the same people breaking other laws.

I have yet to put mine close to a road or on a water hole. Most of the time they will be taken down as soon as the hunts start. I think you can really improve your odds in not having them taken.
I am against these people that buy 100 cameras and place them all over the mountain. May not be illegal, but I think your just asking for problems in doing that. I think the respect thing should work both ways.

"Fun topic. I've found multiple cameras set up but have never thought about stealing one. The last one I found I had stopped to urinate on a closed logging road. I finish my business, zip-up and turn around to see a camera pointed at me. I smiled and waived at the camera..."

Are you sure you zipped up before you started waving, LOL!

Anyone that steals anything is gay.

Trashing things up? LOL. Millions of acres of land, trees, brush, rocks, proverbial jungle, and a 4"x6" box on the side of a tree is trashing things up? WTF. That is one of the gayest things I have ever heard.

And who says you aren't putting in effort in scouting just because you use a trail cam. Most of the guys bitching about them would probably drop a nut and lose several toenails following me to a couple of mine.

So......let me see if I got all this. Several opinions and soapboxes to sort thru.

How about this;

Use an improperly licensed quad, on a closed trail, to place a trail cam on a tree that you actually put some nails in, steal a couple of other peoples cams on your way out, leave a trail of empty beer cans and jerky bags on the trail.....both ways. Take a monster dump on the "boundary" sign and do all of the above while butt naked, wearing no helmet!

There, now EVERYBODY can be pissed off equally.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

You forgot one Nicky!

After Stealing the Card that has CUPSY Nailin the Secretary you post the Pic on MM!:D

Funny stuff Nickman. That nearly covered it all. Darn near pi$$ed me off too but it was too darn funny.

STTM, the only thing you will see in the pic?s of Cupsy is his feet, as his secretary will be doing him! LOL

GBA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom