My Davis Moutain Auodad

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Well, I didn't get the big one I was after in NM this year, but I did get a pretty nice one outside of Fort Davis TX.

45ef456f2e6a0c03.jpg

Many thanks to Tony for taking me down there and to Steve for putting me on this big boy!

cookie , you have been staying busy.Thats a good looking ram for sure , tell us some of the hunt....And big time congrats....

Cookie, nice ram man, way to go.. I take it you never found them big boys we chased a few weeks ago? Congratulation's, you are the man........

There's really not too much to tell on this one. We found him in a herd of fifty or so first thing Thursday morning but we thought we could do better and left them alone. At 4:30 we still hadn't found anything else even close so I decided to try and get back on him. Steve and Tony were both dying to see how Tony's 50 would perform so Tony carried it up one of the biggest (hills!) I have ever seen. We weren't sure how close we would be able to get to him but it ranged out at 450. As I was squeezing off the shot he turned hard to the right and the bullet caught him right in the flank and exitted just behind the shoulder but it didn't matter. He hit the ground never to move again. All in all it was an awesome hunt. We saw hundreds of sheep in three days and some of the most unbelievable country.

Is this on a ranch somewhere there in the Davis Mountains? If so can you pass on the ranch information. How big is the ram?

Yes Flanagan, the ranch is in the Davis Mountains. I will PM you with info as I don't know how the administrators feel about posting stuff like that. Maybe considered advertising? My ram is 26 1/8 on both sides but he makes up for the shortage in mass measurements. I put the tape to him this afternoon and came up with 128 4/8. I know this is green but I am very pleased with him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom