My dog ate rat posion

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
Went to the storage shed the other day. My dog jumped out of the truck and managed to find and eat a little block of rat/mouse posion. Her med bills are upwards $2000. My girl friend about had a cow. She is getting old and I was thinking about putting her out of her misery but then the dog wouldn't have anyone to watch her. So I decide to make a little sign/placard for the dog. It reads. I ate rat posion need medical funding assistance! I placed it around her neck and I tied her to a pole by the entrance to Wally World. I also placed a tin can next to her for funds! My question is how long should I leave her there? She is doing pretty well last I checked she had 1700 bucks after a couple hrs. Anyone wanting to contribute I will be managing the funds please forward any funds to me.
Rutnbuck

Just remember...1, 400 of that money will go to Shaniqua for doing nothing but sitting on her fat ass, watching Jerry Springer on her 70" plasma. Shame on her for taking your dog's medical bill money!

At that Rate Rut!

I'd set Her out at least 3 times a week!

Well 4 times,We need Gas & Bullet money!:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

2000 bucks for inducing your dog to vomit with hydrogen peroxide?? Damn I should have pursued vet school, glad the dogs okay

You put the sign around your girlfriends neck and tied her up in front of Walmart? If so, I would leave her there until you get the $2000 back.

You're a genius rutnbuck. I may try that!

Eel

If your dog actually ate rat poison (the warfarin kind) and you really have vet bills of $2000, chances are you got taken. If you saw her do it, and you had called me, I would have (as stated earlier) gotten you to get her to vomit it up and then put her on Vit K for extra security. Even with an after hour call then would have been less than $200 at my clinic. In 30 years, I have never lost a dog when the owner saw it being consumed and we initiated treatment soon after.

That said, there is some new rat poison that is NOT the warfarin kind that is very deadly and has no antidote. The only one of those I have seen could not be saved.

However, since this is the campfire and we are unpatientely waiting for hunting season to start, that your dog actually ate any poison is very, very suspect.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thanks Txhunter needed the advice. She the dog did eat poison talked to the vet all is well. Eel you got it all wrong I tried to get the girlfriend to eat the rat poison but she didn't want to wear the sign. So I tied her to the pole until she eats the rat poison or wears the sign.

Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-13 AT 02:05AM (MST)[p]I've been single for a loooong time and had more than my share of girlfriends along the way. Very few meant more to me than the few dogs that i've had or had me, can't never tell for sure, very few! If they don't understand, F*** em!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Most rat poison these days is mostly inert products and a small percentage of Bromadiolene. Tx is right, should be few hundred dollar vet bill unless she ate several blocks. Vitamin K is her friend.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom