My first bull!

Crazy4Elk

OK here he is!! My first bull elk!! I know there was bigger elk in the area( I saw them, darn those backs!! . He started bugling one hour before sunrise and was bugling right up to the time when I shot him...was very cool to listen too. I had set a standard for myself and I really wanted a big nice 6x6 but a really nice 5x5 would be awesome too!! Needless to say this bull tricked me...I was so mesmerized by his backs that I did not notice he was a point short on one side til I got next too him. Regardless I am extremely happy to harvest such a magnificent animal and not be any happier, been a week and I am still smiling. 315 yard shot and he was mine. The pack was not a really long distance as I was able to get 4wheeler closer, but it was 500 yards straight up hill, rocky and thru oak brush, I shot him Sunday morning and it took until Monday about 4pm to get the last load out. This will go down as one of the best hunting experiences of my life.

Marty

Nothing wrong with that bull. He is bigger than the first 4 I shot. A good trip and a freezer full of meat is never a bad trip. Congrats

Crazy4Elk, congrats on your first bull. Sounds like it took the whole season to get it done.Way to stick with it on a tough year!

I actually shot him on the second day of the season, just beeen bust back and work and processing him.

>Crazy4Elk, congrats on your first bull.
>Sounds like it took the
>whole season to get it
>done.Way to stick with it
>on a tough year!

Bring on elk season!!!

Very nice bull. Nothing there to be disappointed about at all.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom