My girls gettin it done!

ihuntelk

Paige's first big-game tag.
94399.jpg

Kenz's 3rd pronghorn but her biggest. Check out that extra knob!!
350518.jpg

Vortex Viper HS-T looking at Paige's extra doe tag.
25629.jpg

I've uploaded all the pics and some story on my Hunt Adventure Challenge if you're interested.........

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Good to see your girls having success on such nice goats!

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Very nice job. I have four daughters of my own and I would like them to get started the same way. What ages are your daughters and what age did you start them shooting a rifle?

Cute girls, fine trophies, great dad! It doesn't get any better than that! Congrats!
I have 4 daughters (all married now) and I went through the same thing with them. Some have gone on to take other trophies like bears, sheep, deer, elk on multiple occassions. They are a pleasure to hunt with.
Well done Cade.
Zeke

Thanks everyone.

Troutcarver- I start them as soon as their ready. Most of them have been shooting the .22 off of shooting sticks with dad right behind them since they were 4 or 5. They graduated into the other rifles at 9 or 10.

Kenz and Paige both killed turkeys, sage grouse and a duck or 2 at 10. They weren't strong enough to hold the 20 gauge on their own, so we'd set up the sticks and they'd ground pound the grouse. Now that they're strong enough everything is outta the air.

Zeke - congrats with your daughters. Kenz harvested a whitie, pronghorn and elk her first season. Last year was her 2nd season and she added another pronghorn and a mulie. I think all those pics are in my HAC for 2012.....
Both have mulie buck tags for this fall and cow elk tags. Paige also has a couple doe deer tags. Gonna shoot a whitie doe to make it 4 different species this fall. Neither drew a bull tag and with school and sports it's gonna be too tough to get much time on the general bull tag here by the house.

NFH - Congrats to you and your buddies on some great pronghorn as well. Paige's had a touch over 9 inches on the 2 mass measurements ABOVE the cutter on his right side. WOW!

Super great goats Dad! You should be proud :)

I started my daughter wiith turkeys, pheasants, quail, and she progressed to pronghorns like you. When she drew a jr deer tag a awhile back and she had small 3 point at 60 yards and said "dad, that's not going to be my first Nevada deer" and walked... She still is hooked and we have spent many hours together seeing the sunrise and sunset putting miles under packs exhausted. Great memories!

We are going on my sheep hunt in about six weeks :)

Ed

What great pics. Hunting next week with my daughter, now I'm really chomping at the bit. Thanks for the awesome post.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom