My Handle Holds True...Again

luckless

I hope others had better success than I had on the Unit 34 late rifle hunt. I hunted it hard, but came up empty on my first public land hunt. I saw a few does and a TON of turkey. I even had a flock of turkey feed their way past me at a distnce of fifteen feet. We couldn't scout much this year, due to finishing up the construction of my cabin in under two months. The only finished the weekend prior to the hunt. Well, better luck next year...

DC

Sorry you were not successful, but being out is what counts most! Seeing the game you saw and just having a tag is a success in my opinion. I hunted like crazy in 53 early elk archery and only saw 2-elk in what I consider to be the toughest hunt I have ever been on. I would have been happy to see some turkey!

Hunter1,
You could not be more on target with that. Last year, I wrote a story about my "successful" no-shot hunt and MM posted it in it's stories section. I had a blast.

The only bad part was finding evidence of three seperate poachings. I found a poached doe, a poached turkey and I think I found a poached cow elk... It really made me sick...

DC

>Sorry you were not successful, but
>being out is what counts
>most! Seeing the game you
>saw and just having a
>tag is a success in
>my opinion. I hunted like
>crazy in 53 early elk
>archery and only saw 2-elk
>in what I consider to
>be the toughest hunt I
>have ever been on. I
>would have been happy to
>see some turkey!

whaattt ?where did you hunt in 53? that place should be loaded w/ elk.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom