My....how things have changed

larrbo

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-08 AT 11:07AM (MST)[p]As we look at this political season that is about to end, I have been thinking about the direction we have gone as society. When I was growing up we learned that we live in a land of opportunity, if we go to school, work hard and play by the rules we can make a good life for ourselves. I am saddened that my grandkids may be looking at a completely different country as they grow up.

Let me list a few of my frustrations....remember I live in Kalifornia.
First graders in San Francisco were taken to city hall a while back to watch their teacher get married. You may ask why would this be a school activity??? I don't know, but Sally and Sue had a very nice wedding.
When my daughters were growing up, they needed a parent to go with them to get their ears pierced. Now at 13 a teacher can take them to an abortion clinic without parental consent???
I went through college in 4 years and worked fulltime in the process. For the next 15 years after college I not only worked 80 hours weeks, but I bought the company I was working for. We didn't live on much in those days, and my family suffered because of all the time I spent at work. But it finally paid off and I made something of myself and my family. Now polititions say i am selfish if I don't want to give my hard earned money to those that didn't work hard and go to school?
We have come along way over the last 40 years... some good some bad. We need leadership in our country that takes us back to some of the principals that made America great.
God Bless America.

Well said...

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-08 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p]When I grew up I learned we lived in a democracy, the law was determined by the constitution and the will of the people was the direction the nation moved.

Some people think their opinion should take priority over those ideals, today's election will prove very soundly you're toast. if fruits want to get married and a girl wants an abortion which is their legal right then I guess too bad for you, the people and the supreme court have spoken.

I'm not saying all change is good, I don't like much of it but it's not my place to judge or attempt to stop it when it's none of my business. this is what makes this the greatest nation on earth, it's run by the people not by a few busy body do gooders.

huntingdude,

I guess what you are saying is we should all roll over and keep our mouths shut if we don't like something? Remember that "Constitution" you were talking about. Check out the first admendment.

I'm not saying that at all, for the last 4 years I've been griping about Bush and the direction the country was headed. the difference is in time the majority of Americans came to see things more along the lines I did, this is why you're going to take a butt kicking today. I don't foresee your agenda gaining traction again in our lifetime if ever, and even if it does Obama's supreme court nominations should keep it held down long enough for me to escape the nonsense.

So gripe away and maybe in a few years someone will care, it's your right and it's entertainment for the rest of us.

sounds like you and those like you have an all consuming desire for more, maybe kids are born with a better set of values and that conflicts with the materialism that afflicts so many these days, before you judge everyone that didn't work 80 hours a week for years in the almighty struggle for more, you should understand that its not a sin for people to work 40 hours a week and mothers to stay at home with the kids, this country is plenty rich enough for people to live decently and have time for life values that people are born with, when I look at kids with baggy pants and nose rings, I usually look at people like you and the two fit together perfectly

you are very judgemental for not knowing the full story. I worked hard so my wife could stay home with the kids,and so we could send all four of them to a private Christian School. No nose rings or baggy pants in my family.

This post makes me laugh my ass off..............forseeable future= 4 years..........

Jake you think what's happening tonight and in the mid terms is only a minor bump in the road for your agenda and your heros? even Newt says if what looks like is going to happen does happen it will be a meltdown of the republican party and a rejection of their leadership. I think the republicans gaining back some ground in the mid terms is a reality and even more in 4 years unless Obama does better than I expect and has or ton of luck.

In the end if you think this does not screw you for the foreseeable future you have no foresight. even if conservatives regain some power their agenda has been rejected, the republicans are going to reinvent their platform to meet the times, watch and see.

Enough of this future talk, let's enjoy the fact you're getting pounded on like a circus monkey tonight! I doubt the dems will get their 60 seats and I hope they don't, they'll still have the hammer so it's all good.

your boy will fuk it up..........watch. His cronies have already you dumb-ass. Taking a pounding................right, chief.

no one gives a $hit what you think...................

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-08 AT 08:19PM (MST)[p] No, Chinook and Paiute but it's nice that race is important to you. too bad more folks aren't racist so you wouldn't have to endure us at all let alone have halfbreeds in control of your country, I love it.

Jake, you're just dumb.

I'm not racist dude, i hate everybody the same. Especially liberal democrats. why don't we get the "share the wealth" concept going tonight. From the sounds of your big mouth,i know you made more money than me so why don't you just send me a check and share the wealth.

Dude......you're just a fairy fag lefty who does'nt have the slightest clue whats good for him...........like all the rest of the limp wristers......

My my, we're getting sore now aren't we? maybe I'll have to put my salt down you've had enough.

There's still hope, Obama might be ahead at the moment but now the white people are getting off work so they'll go vote.

Thats funny...............good one.

You're still a douche though..................

It blows me away that a person calling themself "huntingdude" would ever espouse this liberal rhetoric on a site like this. Maybe you should go visit the Jesse Jackson site and blog with your homies. You aren't talking like any hunting dude I ever met, and I have hunted with some great ones.

When did I say I was sweet on Obama? I said he's a decent guy and he's going to be your next president that's about it.

Here we go again, Just because I don't buy into your hate filled koolaid induced paranoia doesn't mean I can't be hunter or anything of the sort. part of being a true hunter is being a conservationist, and your buddy Bush is anything but. don't think being Bubba is the only way to be an American or a hunter, it involves more than just guns and if you were a true sportsman you'd know that.

By the way your handle suggest you've taken 1 bull elk, I've taken at least 25 I don't recall and one in the book so I may not be Daniel Boone but I'm more of a hunter than you. I run cattle on the USFS and I score for B&C so go figure huh? a rancher/hunter who doesn't hate all the right things and people, the gods must be crazy. didn't Buzz just go through this with you clowns last week? give it a break.

>When did I say I was
>sweet on Obama? I said
>he's a decent guy and
>he's going to be your
>next president that's about it.
>
>
> Here we go again, Just
>because I don't buy into
>your hate filled koolaid induced
>paranoia doesn't mean I can't
>be hunter or anything of
>the sort. part of being
>a true hunter is being
>a conservationist, and your buddy
>Bush is anything but. don't
>think being Bubba is the
>only way to be an
>American or a hunter, it
>involves more than just guns
>and if you were a
>true sportsman you'd know that.
>
>
> By the way your handle
>suggest you've taken 1 bull
>elk, I've taken at least
>25 I don't recall and
>one in the book so
>I may not be Daniel
>Boone but I'm more of
>a hunter than you. I
>run cattle on the USFS
>and I score for B&C
>so go figure huh? a
>rancher/hunter who doesn't hate all
>the right things and people,
>the gods must be crazy.
>didn't Buzz just go through
>this with you clowns last
>week? give it a break.
>

Were any of the elk legal kills?

Dude, I posted what I felt the other day...and never attacked anyone. Your posts back to me and others are not only sarcastic, but you come across as a very angry person.

I would love to see some of your hunting photos posted.

Thanks,
larrbo

Ransom, most of them were. When I don't draw a tag to hunt in the hills where I want to I have LO tags for my own property. I've hunted elk since I was 12 and getting a bull around here isn't a big deal.

larrbo I try to be sarcastic, I don't think I sound angry. I really don't have many pictures at all in digital format. I only bought a digital camera a couple years ago and I'm trying to figure it out yet. I don't bother to take picures anymore of anything not trophy quality and I don't shoot dinker deer so raghorn bull pictures are about all I'd have recent picures of. I have a few picures of my book bull someone put in digital for me somehow, I don't have any pics of my best bucks or pronghorn except on film, I need to figure out how he got the elk on the computer and do some others. I don't know how to post pictures on here but if you want to see what I have give me your email, you can post them if you want some were on here a few years ago I don't care. or stop by for a drink sometime and I'll show you my photo album.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom