My Idaho Bull

idabigbuck

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-15 AT 01:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-15 AT 01:12?PM (MST)

I had an antlerless tag this year for unit 39-1. I love drawing this tag because of the opportunity to hunt deer and elk at the same time. Last year I drew 2 outstanding tags for late season bucks and bulls in unit 41. I didn't harvest last year but had a great hunt! I felt good about drawing 3 tags in 2 years! Don't even talk to me about a point system for Idaho! The answer is NO!!!

This year I decided to hunt a new area to me because of the big huge burns last year in the Anderson Ranch area. I was not disappointed. I saw lots of sign and fresh tracks both deer and elk. I kept smelling elk but could never quit catch up to them. I finally caught up with this little guy when he spooked out of a little patch of buck brush. He was alone, which I found odd. After the shot I discovered a nasty leg wound on his front right leg. So I felt good about putting him down. Better me than the wolves or mountain lions.

It feels good to get some meat in the freezer, and quite tasty meat at that!

Stacey...click on the "double envelope" next to my profile name and send them to me and I will post them for you.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom