My latest creation.

L

Lowedog

Got quite a few hours in on this one.
fc44074d.jpg

Lowedog

That's awesome dude! I have been wanting to find elk sheds for years so I could build one of those.Did you make the antique looking lampshad also?Those pictures are cool too,they look familiar,did Deerking sketch those?

I actually bought the elk antlers off of ebay. We have a fair amount of elk around here but I spend my time looking for muley sheds. Most of the places where the elk are concentrated get really hammered by shed hunters.

I also bought the lamp shade online. I seem to have lost the link to the website but they sell them for about $40 cheaper than anyone else.

The artist who did the scetches is Leon Parson.

Lowedog

Lowedog,
That is awsome, I have been made a few lamps out of deer horns, but I am having trouble figuring out how to hold them together.
What do you do?
Thanks
ct

Thats a nice lamp!

I havn't had time to build one out of elk yet, but have built a couple out of muledeer. I held mine together with long sheet rock screws. Drill a pilot hole just big enough to get the screw in. Don't screw it in all the way just deep enough to hold the antlers together, then back it out about three truns. Take a hack saw, file, dremmel tool etc, and score the screw, then turn it back in just past the score and snap it off. Then all you have to do is fill the little hole. This works great and will hold the antlers together very firmly. Good luck

Ivan

Cool lamp. I have made a few out of muley sheds. They sure spice up a room full of dead heads. Muledeernut

The power cord is totally hidden in the antlers and comes out the very bottom at the floor. It was a lot of work to get it through all of those antlers.

Lowedog

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom