My latest Pride and Joy

K

Knifeboy

Here is a couple pics of my new gun.
870 Express, nothing fancy about the model, but the stock is custom made from Fiddleback Maple.
The pics dont really bring out the color in the Fiddleback, but it sure looks nice up close and in person.
It took me about 4 months to find a chunk of fiddleback that had the quality I was looking for, and the size I needed.
Not too bad for a hand crafted stock, kinda makes it priceless.
Anyways I just wanted to share.

Excellent work! That maple has quite a bit of character for such a light colored wood. Working on stocks does make individual guns more valuable to me. Now that you have the experience and knowhow you should try looking for an o/u that needs some work. If anything you wind up with a personalized gun that fits YOU.

Josh Rector

Neil, how you guys doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. I still have your pictures. Let me know when and where and I will get them back to you. What units are you guys putting in for? I think I read something about 24a and b. Suprised that you aren't putting in for 33 and going for that nice one we saw. Send me an email. Orlin

Howdy Orlin,
Yea long time for sure.
Well I have really thought about 33 over and over again, but i hear that it gets pretty tough to get around up there during rifle season. And I know the areas in 24A/B so much better that I wont get stuck to one small part of the area. Besides I gotta leave something for the Tucson Coues hunters. LOL! And if somebody doesnt get that nice one before archery season next year, you know im gonna be back in there, looking for pigs and Coues. Let me know if you want to put in there with us again during the piggy hunt.
Neil

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom