My Mountain Goat

150fighter

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-04 AT 04:05PM (MST)[p]Hey everybody,

This year I got a draw in the St. Marys area in the East Kootenays for mountain goat. We did a few scouting trips in the summer but barely saw anything. But, we did get some backcountry maps (that nobody else can get) and we went on a 3 night long backpacking trip. To make that story short, we didnt get one. But on October 22 we went out for a day trip after seeing two goats across the river. We had to shimmy across a log over a raging creek and then hike 3 hrs. up a mountain before we saw them again. It took my dad and I about 20 minutes to line up and pick the biggest goat. I shot the goat at 250 yrds away with my new 300 WSM and hit the goat right in the heart. 4 hours later we were across the river and it was pretty dark by then. One problem, our guns were across the river and we were to tired to get them. So the next morning we went out and it had snowed 4 inches so our guns were all rusty and my dads leupold scope fogged up.

Sorry for the long post, but it was a long hunt for my dad and I and was very rewarding

41bb7d9f081c4595.jpg

41bb7dcc0861336f.jpg

Figured out how to work the pictures!

By looking at the horn curvature, bases and lack of gland, it appears to be a very impressive nanny! Beautiful hide! Congratulations!

Yeah, it is a nanny, 13-14 years old so she couldn't have had anymore kids, so thats good.

Horns are 9 3/4 inch and 9 1/2 inch

Nice goat 150! Welcome to the site as well, you will find a few of us BC guys here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom