My muzzleloader whitetail from OK

3TOE

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-19 AT 11:42AM (MST)[p]After eating my NV muzzleloader mule deer tag, I headed to OK in hopes of some redemption. On the morning of 11/1 I was quietly slipping into my blind location just as it was beginning to crack daylight. I thought I had been busted as I approached from the back of the blind because I could hear deer running around. I dropped to my knees, removed my backpack & crawled to the blind. I was surprised to see 3 bucks & a handful of does running around. The buck that I shot was trying to chase a doe & was forced to pull away to run off the other 2 bucks. I watched the event for about 10 minutes until legal shooting light & light enough to clearly see my target. I truly love going to Oklahoma for deer & turkey. This year I was blessed with a solid heavy horned 3 1/2 year old.

78005a2fe94a2b123415a92c63ce76e505604.jpeg

Thanks everyone! I think we hit the pre-rut perfectly. I heard bucks fighting, grunting, saw some chasing activity... it was great!!! My group had 7 hunters & 4 harvested. Everyone saw good deer, just some were out of muzzleloader range.

Congrats 3Toe! I love turkey hunting in OK too. Great public lands. I have found a couple nice whitetail sheds over the years also. Never hunted whitetails there, though.

I took the last year off from a trip there from CO - got married and bought a house - but would love to make it back there. I'll pm you if i head there in spring, maybe we can meet up one day.

>Congrats 3Toe! I love
>turkey hunting in OK too.
> Great public lands.
>I have found a couple
>nice whitetail sheds over the
>years also. Never hunted
>whitetails there, though.
>
> I took the last
>year off from a trip
>there from CO - got
>married and bought a house
>- but would love to
>make it back there.
> I'll pm you if
>i head there in spring,
>maybe we can meet up
>one day.

Thanks man! This was just my second trip to OK to hunt whitetail. My first trip I ended up eating my tag. I saw good deer on that hunt but they were all busted up from fighting.

I've turkey hunted there for the last 8 years & we always have a great time. The Rios are WAY easier to hunt than the public land Easterns that I've chased for the 25 years. OK is just a special place to me & I always have a great hunt there.
Unfortunately, I'm actually not going going next year. I'm trying to gather a group of guys from all over for a Marriams hunt in UT.
PM me anytime man!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom